General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ape Hanger wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ape Hanger wiring question

I have everything ordered for my monkey bar install except for the wiring. I went with LA Chopper Prime Ape's and Magnum Shielding Sterling Chromite II cables.

What extended wiring options are there? I am looking at the Guerrilla cables extra length kit. They are 36" length and comes with a 24" extensions for the TBW.

Would I be better off just adding an extension kit to the OEM wires instead of having to rewire the switches also?
Or would splicing in an extension kit be the easier way to go?

I am worried about pulling the spliced wires thru the bars. But if rewiring the switches at the bar ends is no big deal, seems like buying all new wiring harness would be the way to go?

Looking for opinions from those who have installed their own bars, what would you do if you had it to do over again?
I need to get these ordered pretty quick, I already have the rest of the stuff on the way as we speak.

Thanks

Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just get a roll of 18 and 16 gauge wire and splice the length you need in between your wires and stagger the joints...you want to avoid having all the splices in one spot creating lump making it harder to pull.