General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RX Eyewear

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:57 PM
FlyBy8
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX Eyewear

Looking for comments from anyone who has experience using Wiley X AirRage Prescription riding glasses.

Or any other brand of RX eyewear you are using.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:11 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a pair of Wiley X riding glasses (not sure of the type) and I like how they fit and form around the eyes to keep the wind out. They have held up really well and also have used the repair services.
I can say that they are a very exceptional company. My frames broke and I contacted them for repair and I sent them in according to the instructions they fixed them in a very timely fashion and included a padded insert for no extra charge (even tho that item was explicitly extra) as well as a hand written note from the person who replaced the frames. The pricing is very fair for repairs as well.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:19 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Rx is a good vendor. I have Wiley X Gravity Black Ops with Progressive transition lenses. These transition lenses get much darker than my regular glasses. Pretty happy with them.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Koafarms
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love em... have a shaded and a clear set for night and dusk riding.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,866 Likes on 4,113 Posts

I have the Wiley-X Romer 3 with interchangeable lenses. I had a pair of clear prescription lenses made for them for night riding. The yellow lenses are nice if glare is a problem. I use them for my shooting glasses as well. They are very well made.

I am quite happy with them. Changing the lenses is a task but it is supposed to be that way. I don't want the lenses popping out from wind pressure or a rock hitting them. Fortunately, I don't change out the lenses frequently.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I prefer Decot shooting glasses.RX Lenses are snap in,snap out in seconds. about 100 or more tints for any and all lighting conditions.Light,cannot blow off,will turn shotgun pellets without shattering. Perfect riding gear.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:27 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Been riding with Wiley-X for several years. They have held up very well. They transition well also. I have had no issues with them. However, I will be replacing them after my next eye exam. Only because the prescription has changed enough to warrant new lenses.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:13 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

Originally Posted by Twistnride
I prefer Decot shooting glasses.RX Lenses are snap in,snap out in seconds. about 100 or more tints for any and all lighting conditions.Light,cannot blow off,will turn shotgun pellets without shattering. Perfect riding gear.
But...do they have any that keep the wind from making your eyes water with no windshield?

Old 12-21-2013, 11:54 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 704 Likes on 467 Posts

just a warning to those with severe astigmatism like myself. RX sunglasses/goggles that have curved lenses like those for riding designed to keep out wind and dust won't work. You'll get distorted vision. I've tried more than a few with no success. Some models can have inserts added but I won't go that route.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:44 AM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

Originally Posted by baka1969
just a warning to those with severe astigmatism like myself. RX sunglasses/goggles that have curved lenses like those for riding designed to keep out wind and dust won't work. You'll get distorted vision. I've tried more than a few with no success. Some models can have inserts added but I won't go that route.
I guess I don't have severe astigmatism because mine are crystal clear with my progressive prescription.

Quick Reply: RX Eyewear