General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Labor Guide

Old 11-28-2007, 09:09 PM
KW
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Labor Guide

Does anyone know how to acquire labor repair information on HD. I did notice that AutoData offer a labor guide component with their technical repair CD. Can a non HD dealer gain access to the electronic repair labor guide?

Old 12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
OKIEVO
Intermediate
Default RE: Labor Guide

Yeah, does anyone know? I called a couple of local HD dealerships to try to get this info. Ofcourse they were uncooperative bungholes. I've been unsuccessful on the internet also. It must be some kind of super secret guarded stuff. I have worked on other folks bikes in the past and just shot them what I thought was a fair price. I sure would like to know HD's guide to hours assigned to a specific job...

Old 12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

The independent repair shops should have books on labor. It's been over 20 years, and I don't remember what they are called, but I know there are 2 books used for auto repair. And I remember that there was one for motorcycles as well.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
impala
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for cars it would be mitchells or chiltens labor time guide manuals.

as far as hd service giving you the times, why would they?
put your self in thier place, if someone asks a labor time its to argue what they were charged, will be charged, or not even in the running to make money on.
Do you think a dealer charges one hour say $100. for one hour of flat rate time?
nope.
its what the market will bear.
some things you must bill slim.
and some things you can make a killing on.
and some things you loze on.

http://www.storesonline.com/site/573683/product/CDA140

1989 - 2007 Domestic & Import Motorcycle & ATV AutoData Technical Data & Labor Guide CD
For assistance, please call us toll free at (866) 553-8116. FREE Shipping & Handling in Continental U.S. Other destinations have additional shipping charges.

var nameB = unescape("1989 - 2007 Domestic & Import Motorcycle & ATV AutoData Technical Data & Labor Guide CD");
var nameC = nameB.replace(/\"/g,");
resizeImage("/members/573683/uploaded/cda140.jpg","200","0","HSPACE=2 VSPACE=2 border=0 alt=\" + nameC + "\");

$159.00 Reg.
$144.95 SALE

Item Number
CDA140

Quantity:

drawButtons("Add to Cart","border=0 alt='Add to Cart'");

Covers: Auto Data presents the Motorcycle & ATV Technical Data and Labor Guide on CD. Created specifically for mechanics, technicians and repairs shops that work on all types of motorcycles and ATVs. Technical Data as well as labor estimators are all included. A must own.

Additional Details:This CD may be installed on two computers. Additional licenses are available for $25.00 per computer. The CD is updated twice a year. Once you buy the CD and register the with AutoData you receive a password. After that the second edition of the CD will then be sent directly to you from AutoData. Updates are shipped direct to you. Next year and each year thereafter you will need to renew your license with AutoData for an additional $159. Each year you will receive all of the new updates. Some of the features and coverage the CD includes are:

Old 12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
OKIEVO
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. guys. I understand that an individual or an independant repair shop will lose money or just break even on some things. I have myself many times. Imapala, if you for one second think any HD dealership/service dept. will do that, you had better check what you've been smoking in your pipe.

Although there are the "off brand" labor time guides, what I stillwant toknow is what HD goes by.