Good Or Bad Shopping Experiences At HDF Post Your Shopping Experience Here

Bad Vendor Lifeline Internation

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:31 PM
beau
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Vendor Lifeline Internation

Please note all the complaints about this vendor and poor products. They screwed me with horrible china crap made from soft metal and over used dyes. Save your money. They dont return calls or take back product.

Default Don't buy Primaries from Lifeline International
Well long story short, I called lifeline a few months back and ordered an inner primary for my FLH shovel (Belt drive final) as well as an outer primary and spent just over 400 bucks.

Once I received them I went to install the inner and found that they had sent me an inner for a chain final drive. Called the company no less than 12 times, and they told me that they would call right back (never received a call back!).

Finally couldn't wait any longer so I had my old busted inner primary welded and machined. Went to put on the outer primary and noticed the dam thing wouldn't mount flush with the inner. Come to find out the area that holds the needle bearing for the starter shaft had to be ground down by about 1/4 inch. Even after grinding the starter shaft didn't line up right looked like it was placed in the wrong location.

Anyway I just wanted to warn all of you to stay away from these clowns. Their products are simply junk, and there is no way for you to return the merchandise. I didn't want to see anyone else get burned.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
hd_superglide
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hd_superglide
Send email to hd_superglide
Find all posts by hd_superglide
Add hd_superglide to Your Contacts
#2 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:12 PM

I got a new lifeline outer primary off e-bay for $100.
I had no problems at all. I did install the starter bearing
lowriderda
View Public Profile
Send a private message to lowriderda
Find all posts by lowriderda
Add lowriderda to Your Contacts
#3 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM

I've heard their stuff was ****. Steered clear when I was putting together my primary. Got a used oem inner and decent repro outer.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Potato-Potato-Potato
Find all posts by Potato-Potato-Potato
Add Potato-Potato-Potato to Your Contacts
#4 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 PM

Default LifelineJunk
Lifelines whole line of products are junk. I have sold aftermarket parts for Harleys since 1984. I worked for a couple of suppliers that sold Lifeline products, and I had to deal with my customers when they bought Lifeline products, because of the bad quality. It got to the point I refused to sell Lifeline products. Mark who owns Lifeline has been ripping people off for years, he won't even show up to the trade shows if that tells you anything. Check out V-Twin, it may cost you more, but you will have a better product. Ask who the manufacture is before you buy.
Adios

Shovelchick78
Last edited by shovelchick78; 10-13-2008 at 07:14 PM.
shovelchick78
View Public Profile
Send a private message to shovelchick78
Send email to shovelchick78
Find all posts by shovelchick78
Add shovelchick78 to Your Contacts
#5 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Grand Shovel Council

Send a message via Skype™ to 74inFLH
guess im one of the lucky ones too, paid a guy off ebay---not through a auction but outright, $100 bux for my chrome inner. had to do a little massaging to it but not much.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 74inFLH
Send email to 74inFLH
Find all posts by 74inFLH
Add 74inFLH to Your Contacts
#6 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 09:10 PM

that **** say "made in china" on it somewhere?
69shovlhed
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 69shovlhed
Send email to 69shovlhed
Find all posts by 69shovlhed
Add 69shovlhed to Your Contacts
#7 Report Post
Old Today, 12:45 PM

Default Lifeline is pure ****
absolute crap products, wont return calls. i had to re machine bearing holes on the primary. then the clutch inspection plate threads stripped at 5#'s, had to re tap those. call bbc and attorney general on them. they need to go out of business.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
beau
View Public Profile
Send a private message to beau
Find all posts by beau
Add beau to Your Contacts
#8 Report Post
Unread Today, 01:00 PM

absolute crap products, wont return calls. i had to re machine bearing holes on the primary. then the clutch inspection plate threads stripped at 5#'s, had to re tap those. call bbc and attorney general on them. they need to go out of business.
Edit/Delete Message

Old 05-14-2019, 06:33 PM
Kaylynn Dixon-Ruiz
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete scam

Originally Posted by beau
Please note all the complaints about this vendor and poor products. They screwed me with horrible china crap made from soft metal and over used dyes. Save your money. They dont return calls or take back product.

Default Don't buy Primaries from Lifeline International
Well long story short, I called lifeline a few months back and ordered an inner primary for my FLH shovel (Belt drive final) as well as an outer primary and spent just over 400 bucks.

Once I received them I went to install the inner and found that they had sent me an inner for a chain final drive. Called the company no less than 12 times, and they told me that they would call right back (never received a call back!).

Finally couldn't wait any longer so I had my old busted inner primary welded and machined. Went to put on the outer primary and noticed the dam thing wouldn't mount flush with the inner. Come to find out the area that holds the needle bearing for the starter shaft had to be ground down by about 1/4 inch. Even after grinding the starter shaft didn't line up right looked like it was placed in the wrong location.

Anyway I just wanted to warn all of you to stay away from these clowns. Their products are simply junk, and there is no way for you to return the merchandise. I didn't want to see anyone else get burned.
hd_superglide
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hd_superglide
Send email to hd_superglide
Find all posts by hd_superglide
Add hd_superglide to Your Contacts
#2 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:12 PM

I got a new lifeline outer primary off e-bay for $100.
I had no problems at all. I did install the starter bearing
lowriderda
View Public Profile
Send a private message to lowriderda
Find all posts by lowriderda
Add lowriderda to Your Contacts
#3 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM

I've heard their stuff was ****. Steered clear when I was putting together my primary. Got a used oem inner and decent repro outer.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Potato-Potato-Potato
Find all posts by Potato-Potato-Potato
Add Potato-Potato-Potato to Your Contacts
#4 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 PM

Default LifelineJunk
Lifelines whole line of products are junk. I have sold aftermarket parts for Harleys since 1984. I worked for a couple of suppliers that sold Lifeline products, and I had to deal with my customers when they bought Lifeline products, because of the bad quality. It got to the point I refused to sell Lifeline products. Mark who owns Lifeline has been ripping people off for years, he won't even show up to the trade shows if that tells you anything. Check out V-Twin, it may cost you more, but you will have a better product. Ask who the manufacture is before you buy.
Adios

Shovelchick78
Last edited by shovelchick78; 10-13-2008 at 07:14 PM.
shovelchick78
View Public Profile
Send a private message to shovelchick78
Send email to shovelchick78
Find all posts by shovelchick78
Add shovelchick78 to Your Contacts
#5 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Grand Shovel Council

Send a message via Skype™ to 74inFLH
guess im one of the lucky ones too, paid a guy off ebay---not through a auction but outright, $100 bux for my chrome inner. had to do a little massaging to it but not much.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 74inFLH
Send email to 74inFLH
Find all posts by 74inFLH
Add 74inFLH to Your Contacts
#6 Report Post
Old 10-13-2008, 09:10 PM

that **** say "made in china" on it somewhere?
69shovlhed
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 69shovlhed
Send email to 69shovlhed
Find all posts by 69shovlhed
Add 69shovlhed to Your Contacts
#7 Report Post
Old Today, 12:45 PM

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
beau
View Public Profile
Send a private message to beau
Find all posts by beau
Add beau to Your Contacts
#8 Report Post
Unread Today, 01:00 PM

Edit/Delete Message
Be ware, COMPLETE SCAM!!! it's impossible to rate any lower, this man is a fraud and our bank is investigating him for fraudulently using our credit card to make purchases. We ordered a derby cover on April 20th for $49 with $10 shipping via FedEx ground. By April 29th nothing had come so I called. The man that answered took down my number and said he would check into it. The next afternoon on April 30th I still hadn't heard anything so I called again. He gave me the runaround telling me we needed a 5 hole derby cover for our bike. I repeatedly told him "no we need the 3 hole that we ordered". And why hadn't it been sent to us or why hadn't we been given a call. He replied that they were backed up but that our order would be sent out that afternoon and should arrive in 4 business days. I waited a few extra days to call because of the weekend. So by May 7th through the 9th I made about 15 calls, but could not get anyone to answer. That's when I started looking into the business and found out there are several reviews from people who had similar issues with reaching the "company". On May 10th we started getting alerts from Wells Fargo that someone was attempting to make fraudulent charges with our card for several hundred dollars to Foot locker, Netflix, Microsoft and a fabric store. It was clear by then that we were being scammed. So I waited a few days until today. I called from a blocked number and he finally answered. I was told that we ordered a 5 hole cover which he didn't have, that he ordered it and was waiting. When I told him we ordered the 3 hole and I have the email to prove it and asked if it was customary of him to not call his customers to let them know if there was an issue with an order he became irrational with me. That's when I stopped him and told him our bank was on to him and he was busted. That's when he called me a f***ing c**t and hung up on me. Needles to say, I have all the phone calls recorded and have turned them over to the bank. Be ware, COMPLETE SCAM!!!