Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

HDForums Michigan Meet and Greet, Check This Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HDForums Michigan Meet and Greet, Check This Out

ORIGINAL: glideridemike

ORIGINAL: OneBlackFly

Glad you're back w/ us - we lost you for a few days

See you next Saturday - weather is forecast (as of now) to be good
Now I'm really itchin and can't wait until the wife and I ride to Gatlinburg the first of Aug.
Mike, went to Gattlinburg at the end of May. Left Ann Arbor on Wed pm & rode 75 to Dayton OH, From dayton we went to Gattlinburg, th-sat we were in Gatrtlinburg, rode part of the Blueridge, The Dragon, & cherahola skyway. Sun we went to WVa & came back trough Northern OH in amish country, about 1850mi in all best trip ive ever been on!

Old 06-18-2007, 01:19 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

ORIGINAL: bgismo20

ORIGINAL: glideridemike

Glad you're back w/ us - we lost you for a few days

See you next Saturday - weather is forecast (as of now) to be good
Now I'm really itchin and can't wait until the wife and I ride to Gatlinburg the first of Aug.
Mike, went to Gattlinburg at the end of May. Left Ann Arbor on Wed pm & rode 75 to Dayton OH, From dayton we went to Gattlinburg, th-sat we were in Gatrtlinburg, rode part of the Blueridge, The Dragon, & cherahola skyway. Sun we went to WVa & came back trough Northern OH in amish country, about 1850mi in all best trip ive ever been on!
Sounds great! We're heading down 69 and taking 30 from Ft Wayne to Lima, then 75 down. Stopping overnight in Dry Ridge Ky, then onto Gat. Staying there 4 nights, then taking the backroads across Tn to Nashville. 2 nights there, then 2 lane through Ind, probably stopping in Louisville for a bit, possibly overnight. Riding the backroads of Ind is really relaxing....

Old 06-18-2007, 09:55 PM
08roady
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like we are going to have some pretty good weather for Sat. so far, thats along ways off for these weather dudes though!!! Mike, that ride looks great to me, do you plan on stopping along the way somewhere for lunch, I don't miss to many meals!!!!! By the way Blackfly,I will bring my Digital Camera along so we can post some pics, hopefully we can get a group photo of everybody.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The route for Saturday comes out to about 150 miles....a nice ride. Those coming should know how far it is when added to thier trip to and from the event. This could add up to a LOT of miles.. I am planning to attend still..gonna meet up with others at ABC H-D in Waterford..

I'll have my Digital withj me for some pics of everyone for the site..

Old 06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lee,

I'll be at ABC H-D at 6:15 that morning. I think we'll take Dixie north (from ABC along Pontiac Lake Rd. to Scott Lake Rd. to Dixie Hwy.). If someone has a better route, fine with me. Should be a good day. See you bright and early.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:29 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

ORIGINAL: 06flsti

Looks like we are going to have some pretty good weather for Sat. so far, thats along ways off for these weather dudes though!!! Mike, that ride looks great to me, do you plan on stopping along the way somewhere for lunch, I don't miss to many meals!!!!! By the way Blackfly,I will bring my Digital Camera along so we can post some pics, hopefully we can get a group photo of everybody.
I'll try and remember my camera. I thought that ride looked pretty good, didn't want to make it too long. The first one I made up was like 300 miles, and considering some riding a considerable distance to get to St Johns, I thought better of it and condensed it down to what appears to be about 150 miles, if we don't get lost...lol We'll let you lead the way.... [sm=biker.gif]...jk, but on a serious note, I've never been through that portion of the state so once we get past Stanton it becomes a bit tricky. Hopefully all the roads are marked well. On my last trip, the roads werre not marked and we missed a turn up in Wisconsin because of it, and had to use our internal navigational gut instincts, but we made it just fine.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 PM
06Heritage
Tourer

I grew up on the corner of meadowveiw and baker, well, i lived there until the 6th grade anyway. i'm out on west kinley rd. now
ORIGINAL: LeadSlinger0311

Is any one here from St.johns? Just wondering as I grew up there.

right around the corner from what used to be west side deli on baker st ( I havent been there since i left for the marine corps in 97)

St.Johns must be getting big to have a beaners coffee now

I will be there as well . looking forward to meeting ya all . or seeing you again!

And if anyone is leaving from the Ann Arbor area let me know we can ride toghter or in a group.

Eric

Old 06-20-2007, 08:30 PM
06Heritage
Tourer

By the way...i'm going to try to make it, but my father-in-law is having major surgery on friday, so i'll have to see how that works out.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 AM
theandyman
Intermediate
Default count me in

I do not do mornings but will do my best t o be at ABC at 6:30am

Comming from Clinton Township, Utica to M59 across to ABC.

Looking foward to meeting Michigan riders.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Paul, I'll be there...I'll be on my Ultra, its Black Cherry and Pearl black Route seems fine to me...whatever anyone wants to do is cool...lets just ride and have fun with new friends.

Lee,

I'll be at ABC H-D at 6:15 that morning. I think we'll take Dixie north (from ABC along Pontiac Lake Rd. to Scott Lake Rd. to Dixie Hwy.). If someone has a better route, fine with me. Should be a good day. See you bright and early.

Quick Reply: HDForums Michigan Meet and Greet, Check This Out