Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

2017 Sim S - Sidecar Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 09:01 PM
mercury01
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 2017 Sim S - Sidecar Mod

After 45 years of continuous motorcycling and ... two recent drops, my wife of 42 "wonderful years" suggested it was time to go to three wheels. So, I did what any good husband would do, I listened. (not my usual response)

Bombardier CanAm Spyder - no f'n way (no offence, but not a motorcycle)

I had an '05 Superglide in the garage. Perfect! I bought a TransMoto sidecar (Canadian supplier) and drove it for two years. Loved it; learned what riding a sidecar was all about. But damn it, what a waste of a Superglide Sport and it just didn't look right.

So ... believing it just might be my last motorcycle, I bought a 2017 Softail Slim S, in army green.

Aside: I'm a Canadian. For most of my career I've worked for US companies. I love the US: their businesses; their friendship; their PROTECTION. So I sprung for the US army paint.

So who the hell puts a sidecar on the Slim S? No one (as far as I could tell). So, back to Metalmorphasis' Brock Smith in Kamloops BC. A genius. Put together an awesome frame, beautifully mated to the new softail. I can't do his work justice, its artwork.

so now, I have a sidecar mounted to a Slim S ... and I love it!

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Sim S - Sidecar Mod-softail_front1.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by mercury01:
Mike Kegs (09-24-2019), Todd Obrien (09-27-2019), VAFish (10-05-2019)
Old 09-02-2017, 02:42 PM
deadhawg
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,724 Likes on 665 Posts

Nice rig!

The following users liked this post:
Mike Kegs (09-24-2019)
Old 09-02-2017, 03:57 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,589 Likes on 5,164 Posts

Looks great I have one on a 1996 fatboy softail.

The following users liked this post:
Mike Kegs (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 10:24 AM
Mike Kegs
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me

Originally Posted by mercury01
After 45 years of continuous motorcycling and ... two recent drops, my wife of 42 "wonderful years" suggested it was time to go to three wheels. So, I did what any good husband would do, I listened. (not my usual response)

I had an '05 Superglide in the garage. Perfect! I bought a TransMoto sidecar (Canadian supplier) and drove it for two years. Loved it; learned what riding a sidecar was all about. But damn it, what a waste of a Superglide Sport and it just didn't look right.

So ... believing it just might be my last motorcycle, I bought a 2017 Softail Slim S, in army green.

Aside: I'm a Canadian. For most of my career I've worked for US companies. I love the US: their businesses; their friendship; their PROTECTION. So I sprung for the US army paint.

So who the hell puts a sidecar on the Slim S? No one (as far as I could tell). So, back to Metalmorphasis' Brock Smith in Kamloops BC. A genius. Put together an awesome frame, beautifully mated to the new softail. I can't do his work justice, its artwork.

Hi, couple of questions.
1. Can you pass my info to Brock?
2. Ballpark cost?
3. Did you already have a sidecar, just needed the custom frame?

Thanks
Mike
Kegs0718@gmail.com

Old 09-27-2019, 06:21 PM
Todd Obrien
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidecar

Originally Posted by mercury01

I also have the 2017 fls s slim. Would love to have my wife of 20 years ride with me.
Problem is she's in a wheelchair so hoping on the back is out of the question. Iv brought the idea of a sidecar to her and she loves it. So how much money am I looking at and who do I get in touch with to make it happen.
toddobrian123@gmail.com

Last edited by Todd Obrien; 09-27-2019 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Adding my gmail