Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

New PCV - Running VERY rich

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mynzbtr1
Dennis, just installed a pcv on mine also. Runs good but seems like its having a hard time starting to. Let me know what you come up with, ill do the same.
Thanks
I talked to Jamie and tried his suggestion. If I turn my switch on, switch from stop to run and immediately press the starter, the bike starts right up. If I wait for the lights to go out, like I did before, the bike is much harder to start especially when warm.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Curz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I had IEDs on mine before I installed the PC-V this past weekend. I removed them and installed the PC-V. It runs great but is a little hard to start. I am searching to see if there is an adjustment for that now.
The only adjustment that I know of is the "start up fuel" table. Page 4 of the users guide shows the default settings as being all zeros meaning the PCV isn't adding more fuel(yours may be different). Your cranking the engine on the ECM's cranking fuel and IAC (idle air control) values only. My hunch... and only a hunch, is we may need to add more fuel during the cranking or "Start up".

Have a look at your fuel table and see how much fuel is being added at idle (0% throttle and 1000rpm) that would give you an idea as to how much fuel your system is needing. I would start with less than that and work my way up.

Once again I haven't played with a Power Commander but have some limited experience with the old SERT. I have looked at how the cranking system works as far as airfow and fueling goes.

I'M NO EXPERT!

Last edited by Curz; 03-11-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed

Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We will keep in close contact with your issue, this could also be related to an underlying problem with bike that comes into the equasion when the PC module is installed.
Jamie...interestingly enough...remember I had issues with My Dyno showing Me at only 62 HP...less then stock on Dyno...I'm wondering if this is the case too. You said possibly only one cylinder was working right!

Whatcha think?

Mike

Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Rg03
6th Gear
Default PCV Low Idle

Just installed a PCV from Fuelmoto - w/o AT on an 09 Ultra. Pipes and A/C only add ons. Have experienced low idle - 800-900 rpm. Idle is rough and will not smooth out if throttled up to 1000 - 1100 rpm. I have double checked the 02 sensor caps and the installation. Don't believe it is the EMTS sysstem as riding has been in 50 degree temps. Any suggestions. Thanks

2009 Ultra FF Special
D & D Boss pipes & High Flow A/C

Old 03-22-2009, 05:28 PM
loseranacummins
Cruiser

Update for you all:

Finally got around to installing the 2nd PCV from Jamie & Keith...IT WORKS!!!!!

Hooked it up, started her up and went for a ride!! She's runnin just fine! I noticed it does take a few more revolutions to startup, and I'll try the "hit start right away" trick, but, not too big-a-deal to me.

Otherwise, quicker throttle response, and a bit more ooomf with the twist of the wrist...can't complain!!

Big thanks to Keith and Jamie for sending all those PowerCommanders We finally got her!!