Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak or PCV ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:24 AM
tenn.vol.
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fuelpak or PCV ??

My resent purchase of an 08 RKC I installed V&H true duels with the basic V&H mufflers.
(that were on the bike when I bought it) At the same time I installed the V&H fuelpak.

THEN I discovered HDF and ordered the CA intake from Fuel MoTo. (Wish I had known
about HDF and Fuel MoTo early on!)
Bike seems to run cooler and I have no complaints.

My question is will I be better served with the PCV from Fuel-MoTo?
How about the additional Auto Tune?
Has anyone been there done that, and with what results?

Tenn.Vol.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

There are a lot of threads on this and other sites re: the PCV/AT. Just as many different opinions. Jamie @ FM recommended the PCV/AT for me and I went with it and glad to say without any regrets. I can tune my Ultra to the the true load and road conditions. Not what some dyno thinks they might be. I suggest that you look (search) this site for Iclick's posts and you will have a lot of reading which is good info. The other tuner that you ask about is maybe OK for you, that's your call, but it is no comparison to the PCV/AT

Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

went with the fuelmote pcv and no complaints. did not get the autotune and do not really feel like i missed anything at all. bike hauls and i get about 47-49 on highway @ 70mph. ride safe

Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by tenn.vol.
Bike seems to run cooler and I have no complaints.
If all is well perhaps you should stick with the status quo. OTOH you haven't had a PCV on your bike so you may be surprised at the difference. Will the bike run better with a Fuel Moto PCV? Probably, but will it be enough of a difference to warrant a $300 expenditure? The upside to the PCV is that it is much more flexible and if you make future modifications you'll have FM to turn to for upgraded maps. I wouldn't buy a PCV from anyone other than FM because of their excellent service and accurate maps.

How about the additional Auto Tune?
I've run the PCIII, PCV, and now PCV-AT on my '07. I like the tunability of the AT and wouldn't go back to the PCV alone, but I really believe that most people will be very happy with the basic PCV (no AT) and a good map. AT is ideal for those who want to make incremental changes (cams, etc.) and those incorrigible tweakers like me who can't leave good enough alone.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:07 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the fuelpak for almost 2 years. Never a problem. Good performance, good mpg.
Changed cams and went to the PCV with AT. V&H could not get a map for my cams. I stayed with 96 ci.
If you are not going to change cams I do not see the extra $300. However if you do change cams then the PCV will take care of it.
I rode my bike for a few days before I added the AT. If you are not a perfectionist then I do not suggest spending the extra money for the AT.
I was very happy with the fuelpak, trouble free, easy install, map change easy if they have one for your application.

In God we Trust

dd

Old 09-21-2009, 04:18 PM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DIRT i see v&h has map for the andrews26h which cams did you go with.

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
I had the fuelpak for almost 2 years. Never a problem. Good performance, good mpg.
Changed cams and went to the PCV with AT. V&H could not get a map for my cams. I stayed with 96 ci.
If you are not going to change cams I do not see the extra $300. However if you do change cams then the PCV will take care of it.
I rode my bike for a few days before I added the AT. If you are not a perfectionist then I do not suggest spending the extra money for the AT.
I was very happy with the fuelpak, trouble free, easy install, map change easy if they have one for your application.

In God we Trust

dd

Old 09-21-2009, 06:21 PM
ssihogdog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like you are happy with the FuelPak. Runs cool great. I also have the fuelpak and I can't see a reason to change unless you are making other mods.