Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

tssm code keeps reapearing

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 11:46 AM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tssm code keeps reapearing

Hello all,I have a thundermax ecm and my bike(07) took a bit of a dip,"TIP" came up on speedo.Now my right hand turn signals dont work.The right hand side is the side it leaned over on.I check for codes by holding in the trip button whilst turning igntn. on under the leter "S" i get the code # 61124.Straight after i clear it,it comes back.It shows part # 68925-07 which is the smart security system.I booked a visit at dealer tmrw.hopfully its an easy fix.Even when plugging in OEM ecm the same code comes up and cant be cleared.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
JohnK/Pa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tssm code keeps reapearing

I think to clear the "TIP" you turn the ignition - ON/OFF/ON while the bike is on the jiffy stand. Any codes in the unit should be the history codes and clear after so many starts.When you turn the ignition on watch the security light, it usually stays on for so many seconds and goes off,I believe if it stays on or blinks you have a code (not sure which one). Changing the ECM won't get rid of this code, changing the TSSM might. hope this helps.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
rastas
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found the culprit the (brown) RHS turn signal wire was shorting out on negative terminal of battery.The battery moved enough to cause this.All sweet now,cheers.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:35 AM
OzzyAl
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rastas, Are you still running a TMax and if so, any complaints or issues ?
I'm in Perth, Oz and have an 07 Heritage - it runs good, but could run better....and cooler me thinks ! I'vedisabled the active intake / active exhaust and put freeflow cans on but would like to put a K&N 3909 freeflow air filter and TMax with Autotune.The TMax sounds really good- enhancedO2 sensors,no need for a Dyno and lots of positive feedback from the forums so would be most interested to hear how yours went.
Also,I know the stock HD ECM for US bikes is calibrated differently to our International models but given the mods I've already made, I assume there shouldn't be any problems finding and using amap from the TMax site for the initial download, yes ?

Old 10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
trusty1
Cruiser

G'day alistairu

I am over east, just south of Sydney, I bought all my gear off the net, now is deffinitely the time to be doing that with tha AU$ @ US$0.9, plus they are heaps cheaper anyway, (eastern performance is where I got most of my gear). I bought the pipe and tmax at same time and saved on shipping costs, but did have to pay about $220 in import taxes, maybe I should have asked them to say the package was worth $940 (under $1000 value= no tax). Both items shipped cost me about AU$1500. Just the pipe would have cost that, and I called Australias first importer of tmax, and he quoted $1580 for the ECU. So I guess I got bothfor the price of one!! And at that price you are paying the same you would for a SERT or PCIII and saving on dyno time!!!

The Tmax works great, I haven't put enough k's on it yet to get the full benefit, (I'm on an 07 FXDC) but I can feel the difference already. There aremore than 400 maps in the software you get with the unit, and selecting a mapis a snack thanks to filtering unsuitable maps according to your set up.

I did the install for all the gear (listed below)myself. I'm handy but no auto electrical expert, and had only basic, backyard tools and it was easy enough. I did it over a few days, but would definitely recommend the install happen in one session, that you read the manual from start to finish and understand it pretty well, have all the tools specified there and probably having a mate to help would also be beneficial. This forum is also a must. the manual is pretty comprehensive, but doesn;t explain things usch as the disconnection of the front O2 sensor. I would also recommend taking photos with your digital camera before you unplug something or remove something, just in case the memory isn't as great as it once was. The service manual is also mandatory!!!

The set up I have is the K&N 3909 A/C, Python 2 into 1 exhaust (sounds awesome!!!!), Tmax auto tune, kuryakyn ISO grips and pegs with stirrups (very comfy) and brake and gear shifters.

The only problem I have had is my battery has drained twice, after about six weeks. The dyna models require the data cord to be fixed and after linking aand then replacing the cover panel I reckon I pinched the cord and caused it to drain, but thats just my dumb luck!!!

Good luck, I reckon you can't go wrong with it.

Trusty1

Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 AM
OzzyAl
Stage II

Thanks for the feedback and tips mate - sounds like the Tmax is also abit more 'user friendly'than the SERT to adjust and tweak from what I've read which suits me.
As for the AUD$....if only we could order a Harley over the internet....someone in Oz is making a lot of money out there !