Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

did the power commander on my 07, love it

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:46 PM
dwike
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default did the power commander on my 07, love it

I went with Rush slip ons, a K&N filter, and the PCIII with oxygen sensor eliminators. The bike runs strong without a single hickup. I just got it a couple of weeks ago, and last night when I did the install on the above parts list the bike just had 170 miles, so I really haven't gotten on it too hard yet, but having had a 1340 and 1450 with similiar mods, I would have to say this is the best one yet.

By the way, I bought the unit from www.fuelmotousa.com. I talked to Dynojet about them, and theyare highlyrecommended. The beautiful thing is that they can install the maps from their dyno tuned bikes (for most exhaust and intake combinations) right onto the unit before they ship it, so all you have to do is install it and roll baby!

The only complaint is that the motor turns over one or two times now before firing over, but on a good note, it doesn't rev to 2000rpm right when it fires over either...

Good stuff!

Danny

Old 01-24-2007, 09:41 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: did the power commander on my 07, love it

ORIGINAL: dwike

The only complaint is that the motor turns over one or two times now before firing over, but on a good note, it doesn't rev to 2000rpm right when it fires over either...

Good stuff!

Danny
I have the exact same setup from fuelmoto on my '07' FLSTC, and am extremely happy with the performance. I read a recent post here thatsaid when you turn on the ignition, the PC3 comes on right away, but while we are waiting for the amber engine light to go out, the PC3 goes out also. It powers back up when you hit the start switch, hence the one or two revs before the engine fires up. I don't know if this is correct, so take it for what it's worth. Enjoy!

DJK

Old 01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

djkolp

It powers back up when you hit the start switch, hence the one or two revs before the engine fires up. I don't know if this is correct, so take it for what it's worth. Enjoy!
That is correct. Just hit the start switch before the light goes out and the bike will start right up.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you zero the throttle as well!!! Very important step that ssems to get overlooked alot. The instructions that come with the unit don't cover it but it is available on the website...www.powercommander.com

Old 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM
gabhart
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not recommended that the start switch be hit before the engine light goes out. The ECM and other components are performing and quick diagnostics along with the fuel system reaching the proper pressure for the FI.

Do what you want. I will wait for the light to go out and deal with the delay in starting. At least you know it's the PC that's causing the delay..no harm.

I agree with the throttle adjustment as Dsanchez mentions..good point!