Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Commander Map Source?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 01:16 PM
TJRKC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power Commander Map Source?

I bought my bike used with a PC-V already installed. I would like to re-map it, but a map for my set up cannot be found on Dynojet's site. FuelMoto only provides customized maps if you can prove you purchased the tuner from them. Does anyone out there in Forum-Land know where I can get a map to download for my setup?

2009 FLHX
96 ci
Stock Cam
Stock ECM
SE Stage I AC
Rhinehart Slip Ons

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Call DynoJet. This is a very common build and they'll tell you which map you need to use for your setup. The website isn't very intuitve..

Also FM, if you call them will do the same thing for you.. I know they supposedly only provide maps for purchases made with them but they're great people and will more than likely help you out.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:25 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Call DynoJet. This is a very common build and they'll tell you which map you need to use for your setup. The website isn't very intuitve..

Also FM, if you call them will do the same thing for you.. I know they supposedly only provide maps for purchases made with them but they're great people and will more than likely help you out.
+1 on both comments!!
Dynojet's site really isn't easy to maneuver around in to find what you need.
Jamie and Kevin are great guys.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:54 PM
TJRKC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I did contact both DynoJet and FuelMoto and both were very quick to respond. FuelMoto asked that I request a customized map from the website even though I am not the original purchaser. DynoJet provided a couple of different maps that they slightly modified. The ones they have for the 09 FLHX aren't configured for Rineharts, they seem to have more Bubs, Samsons and Vance Hines on there. When I talked to the rep at DJ he said that the map he emailed had been modified to help with my decel pop and the intermittent missing. He also suggested a Firmware update so I'll be flashing it with that as well. He said there have been numerous changes to the software for the PC-V since 2009 and that may by itself make a difference. I know that not all popping on decel is necessarily a bad thing, but I do think the missing is so hopefully this will help.