Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

forum posting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 PM
pitbull1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forum posting problems

Who ever screwed with the forum needs to fix it.Anyone know who the administrator is.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:54 AM
mojo2go
Tourer
Default RE: forum posting problems

ORIGINAL: pitbull1

Who ever screwed with the forum needs to fix it.Anyone know who the administrator is.
Scroll way down to the bottom of Harley Davidson Forums and find forum issues. There's a list of Admins &amp\\; moderators there. I think they have been notified a few times about the glitches and are working on it. I think some jap rice burner riding punk put a bug in here somewhere not realizing that Harley riders are smarter than they are, and we can fix computer bugs as well as our Harleys.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Same here. I am getting those double back slashes and most times I cannot post but rather get an error message when I click 'OK' to send. Let's see if this one goes through........pg

edit note: H-mmm, that one went through without a problem. I dunno.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:24 PM
pitbull1
Advanced

Hi pinion.Yeah.The slashes don't really bother me but that error message really aggravates me.Especially when I spend 30 min. to type with my non typin azz.So are you back from your trip.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:57 PM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes, I am back and glad of it! My wife liked the trip, but it was a 60%-40% thing for me. With 40% being the unlikeable part. I can only eat so much. I guess some people really like a cruise, but I think not for me.
&nbsp\\;That 9 days was the longest time my hands have remained clean since I can remember!
I'll soon take care of that problem however.

&nbsp\\;In Ketchican AK I decided to rent a 883 Sportster and take a ride with a small group of 8 people. We all had different riding backgrounds. One guy from Chicago was very proud of the fact that he buys a new Heritage every year (or every 2 years at most) and has the dealer take care of his bike. Not my kind of guy for sure.

&nbsp\\;Another fellow from Arkansas has a lumber company in NE Arkansas and wants to get a bike but his wife will not allow him to get one, so he justs rents them when he has a chance.

&nbsp\\;There were riders who owned Kawasaki and Honda bikes of course. Not one of them had any idea of what an ironhead is. That surprised me. So I just said,,,,,,'Well what I ride is the great-grandfather of what we are riding today.' We all had 2008 Sportsters and the 2 riding double upgraded to Soft Tails.

&nbsp\\;The guy who runs this operation does a good job considering that there are few roads in SE Alaska. The island is about 35 miles long. We rode the length of it and back for a total of 55 miles in about 2½ hours of ride time. My first time ever to ride a modern Sportster. Same power as an ironhead. A bit smoother. A mass produced feel to it.....give me an ironhead any&nbsp\\; day !
&nbsp\\;
Here is a pic of our group at the north end of Alaska Highway 7. It simply ends at the edge of the forest with a trail leaving the asphalt heading off into the thick green woods. Bears abound! Yeah, that's me facing the camera with the silly grin. It was a good day........pg

[IMG]local://upfiles/8331/D509494EAC9E4D4F9368FFDFD719F9F2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Horse13
Advanced

ORIGINAL: piniongear
&nbsp\\;
Yes, I am back and glad of it! My wife liked the trip, but it was a 60%-40% thing for me. With 40% being the unlikeable part. I can only eat so much. I guess some people really like a cruise, but I think not for me.
That 9 days was the longest time my hands have remained clean since I can remember!
I'll soon take care of that problem however.
In Ketchican AK I decided to rent a 883 Sportster and take a ride with a small group of 8 people. We all had different riding backgrounds. One guy from Chicago was very proud of the fact that he buys a new Heritage every year (or every 2 years at most) and has the dealer take care of his bike. Not my kind of guy for sure.
Another fellow from Arkansas has a lumber company in NE Arkansas and wants to get a bike but his wife will not allow him to get one, so he justs rents them when he has a chance.
There were riders who owned Kawasaki and Honda bikes of course. Not one of them had any idea of what an ironhead is. That surprised me. So I just said,,,,,,'Well what I ride is the great-grandfather of what we are riding today.' We all had 2008 Sportsters and the 2 riding double upgraded to Soft Tails.
The guy who runs this operation does a good job considering that there are few roads in SE Alaska. The island is about 35 miles long. We rode the length of it and back for a total of 55 miles in about 2½ hours of ride time. My first time ever to ride a modern Sportster. Same power as an ironhead. A bit smoother. A mass produced feel to it.....give me an ironhead any&nbsp\\; day !
Here is a pic of our group at the north end of Alaska Highway 7. It simply ends at the edge of the forest with a trail leaving the asphalt heading off into the thick green woods. Bears abound! Yeah, that's me facing the camera with the silly grin. It was a good day........pg

[IMG]local://upfiles/8331/D509494EAC9E4D4F9368FFDFD719F9F2.jpg[/IMG]

Too bad your pic didn't post. Sounded like a good one.
Guess that's another "glitch" in this forum?

Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 PM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member

Horse13.....
&nbsp\\;H-mmm, it opened for me. I even clicked on your 'quote' of my post and it opened.
&nbsp\\;There is something going on with the forum here and I have no idea what it is. But there is a definite problem. I cannot post messages at times, photos won't open, those da*n double backslashes won't go away. I hope it can be repaired soon.
&nbsp\\;I have never seen the forum with such problems before.

&nbsp\\;I'll try the pic again, just as a test to see if you can open it........pg

[IMG]local://upfiles/8331/19A8A194BCAD477094B9E6E85EA43BD6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-18-2008, 07:27 PM
sqdealgeorge
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I just found out they sold harley forums to the chinese ! A sole

Old 06-18-2008, 11:32 PM
pitbull1
Advanced

welcome back.You look like you're having a blast in the pic

Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 AM
Harley Bass
Cruiser

Welcome back piniongear. My wife and I took the same cruise a few years ago. Alaska is one of the cleanest, if not the cleanest place I've ever been. I was hoping you got to Skagway and took the train up into the Yukon. Cool ride!. When the forum problems are fixed I'll post some pics of my 73' Ironhead I finally completed, with your help I might add.

Quick Reply: forum posting problems