Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Not a happy customer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 01:23 PM
dylan199
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down Not a happy customer!

Called early Tuesday morning to order a shield. I spoke to Billy and told him I needed it by Friday. I didn't know which one I wanted (Poly or Acrylic) and was told to call back in an hour or two so it could get out and be here by Friday. this morning I called again to check on my order. My shield is still sitting waiting to be picked up!!! Billy was very rude and told me he would never say a shipment date. That was the entire reason for me calling and asking. I won't deal with you guys again!

Last edited by dylan199; 06-29-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:34 PM
rottnutz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got a nice looking ride. Sorry to hear of your trouble. I've dealt with them a couple times without a hitch. Then again, I never expected them to ship on demand because everyone said they take awhile to get, especially during the riding season. Hope they make it right for you.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:58 PM
dylan199
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rottnutz
You got a nice looking ride. Sorry to hear of your trouble. I've dealt with them a couple times without a hitch. Then again, I never expected them to ship on demand because everyone said they take awhile to get, especially during the riding season. Hope they make it right for you.
Thanks. All he said was, "do you want me to cancel the order"!

Old 06-29-2017, 04:08 PM
Hurricane19
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Hmm I've bought 5 different windshields from those guys and they have been great to deal with but then again I just used standard shipping. Sorry to hear that but I would have to agree if you were told you would get it by Friday I would be mad too.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:44 PM
dylan199
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hurricane19
Hmm I've bought 5 different windshields from those guys and they have been great to deal with but then again I just used standard shipping. Sorry to hear that but I would have to agree if you were told you would get it by Friday I would be mad too.
I chose standard shipping, but I'm in CA and they are in NV. That's only about 4 hours away.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:05 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm really sorry for the issue you had with us. He and I sit by each other. He's always excellent with the customers and I have not noticed any rudeness. I do recall him stating to someone that he would not have said a shield would be shipped by a certain date. Meaning, we can certainly do our best to ensure we get a shield out of our building by a certain day, but once it leaves our building we have no way of knowing for sure if you'll receive it the day UPS says it will. I realize that is not what happened in your case, but I think that is what Billy was stating.

The fact is, we did screw up. We told you we would have it leave our building the next day and that didn't happen. For that, I am very sorry. We get a lot of requests from customers like that all the time and we do our best to accommodate everyone. I know we have it shipping to a new location for you and I did that myself and it is made, boxed, and ready for pickup. I am going to refund your shipping costs and truly do hope you love the shield and understand that it was a mistake on our part and give us another chance if the need arises in the future.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

The following 4 users liked this post by longrideshields-1:
Captain Itch (06-29-2017), rottnutz (06-29-2017), squirrelsnest (06-29-2017), tphillips (09-09-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 06:35 PM
dylan199
Cruiser

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
I'm really sorry for the issue you had with us. He and I sit by each other. He's always excellent with the customers and I have not noticed any rudeness. I do recall him stating to someone that he would not have said a shield would be shipped by a certain date. Meaning, we can certainly do our best to ensure we get a shield out of our building by a certain day, but once it leaves our building we have no way of knowing for sure if you'll receive it the day UPS says it will. I realize that is not what happened in your case, but I think that is what Billy was stating.

The fact is, we did screw up. We told you we would have it leave our building the next day and that didn't happen. For that, I am very sorry. We get a lot of requests from customers like that all the time and we do our best to accommodate everyone. I know we have it shipping to a new location for you and I did that myself and it is made, boxed, and ready for pickup. I am going to refund your shipping costs and truly do hope you love the shield and understand that it was a mistake on our part and give us another chance if the need arises in the future.
James,

Thanks for the response and the shipping refund. Looking forward to receiving it.