Sponsored by:

Arlen Ness inverted

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:16 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,376 Likes on 2,625 Posts

Originally Posted by pdave
I like the looks of this one too. This winter I'm going to be the RS 468 cam and Fullsac 2" cores. Someone (Stonecold?) posted a dyno chart using this combo with the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. I prefer the looks of the inverted and was wondering if the performance was similiar.
Free flowing AC is a free flowing AC. No material performances differences between them. Stock throttle body can take in only so much air.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:26 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Free flowing AC is a free flowing AC. No material performances differences between them. Stock throttle body can take in only so much air.
He may referring to the synthetic filter, flow is the same but Arlen Ness says no rain sock needed or filter oil, just wash, dry and reinstall.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:57 AM
Cold Forged
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik

I ended up going with this Arlen Ness, it does not have the synthetic filter like the inverted series but I liked the look better. Performs fine but I do get a little more noise out of it compared with the SE high flow.
I agree that this is one of the best looking Air Cleaners I have seen, but is that Oil Breather "Splooge" I see dripping down from the throttle bore, or just a reflection?
If it is "splooge", how often have you needed to open the A/C housing to clean up the visible inner surfaces?
Is a synthetic filter element available for this model?

Old 09-17-2018, 10:14 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Originally Posted by Cold Forged
I agree that this is one of the best looking Air Cleaners I have seen, but is that Oil Breather "Splooge" I see dripping down from the throttle bore, or just a reflection?
If it is "splooge", how often have you needed to open the A/C housing to clean up the visible inner surfaces?
Is a synthetic filter element available for this model?
I've been running this filter since April, I have not had to remove it to clean anything, it does not have tubes like the SE high flow that routes dribble into the throttle body which I like. I checked on the synthetic filter for this series and Arlen Ness said not available. The filter element on this is black cotton which I really like, I ran a S+S open filter and it had the weird pink color cotton which I was not a fan of, same for the Trask, I like the Trask just not the pink filter.