Sponsored by:

Need help troubleshooting my bike regarding SE pro street tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 05:32 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
I think the SE tuner is not going to be able to tune the aftermarket intake and exhaust combination you chose correctly. If you wanted to stay EPA/warranty compliant, you probably should have only done slipons with an intake of choice. I think those true duals need more adjustment than you are able to provide with the SE tuner. And this is likely where your issues are arising from.
Pretty duals. Which by my understanding should be working similar to a two into one.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:46 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by matte
Pretty duals. Which by my understanding should be working similar to a two into one.
Sorry I see that you said Power Duals not true duals, but my hypothesis still stands. That exhaust is flowing far more air that the stock header with slip-ons would be, and the SE tuner is having difficulty compensating for it.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:48 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

If I was you I would simply call V&H and ask them if they think their pipes and a high flow intake would be able to be correctly tuned with a SE or California emission FP3 tuner?

The following users liked this post:
matte (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 11:22 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
If I was you I would simply call V&H and ask them if they think their pipes and a high flow intake would be able to be correctly tuned with a SE or California emission FP3 tuner?
Spoke to Vance and Hines. They said the SE tuner is perfectly fine with their head pipes. Spoke to performance machine. They stated that if there is a fluctuation, there could be a leak and gave me a technique to see if there is a leak. I will test that when I get home from work tonight.

Spoke to my dealer. They said the M8s can bounce between 800 and 1000 rpms at idle and it is normal. Said the important thing is it is detecting the drop and preventing it from falling through and stalling. So far it has not stalled and it is not revving high like it was originally when I accidentally left the bracket on.

Plan is to check for a leak when I get home. If no leak, clean off the sensor and throttle body. Will probably check the sensor with a multi-meter. If all that is fine then I will leave it alone.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:50 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by matte
Spoke to Vance and Hines. They said the SE tuner is perfectly fine with their head pipes. Spoke to performance machine. They stated that if there is a fluctuation, there could be a leak and gave me a technique to see if there is a leak. I will test that when I get home from work tonight.

Spoke to my dealer. They said the M8s can bounce between 800 and 1000 rpms at idle and it is normal. Said the important thing is it is detecting the drop and preventing it from falling through and stalling. So far it has not stalled and it is not revving high like it was originally when I accidentally left the bracket on.

Plan is to check for a leak when I get home. If no leak, clean off the sensor and throttle body. Will probably check the sensor with a multi-meter. If all that is fine then I will leave it alone.
That's great man, I hope you get it all resolved to your satisfaction.