Sponsored by:

Click feeling in clutch lever

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 11:43 AM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Axedude
I have the click also. I’m thinking of replacing the plastic adjuster with the Fat Baggers metal adjuster. I’ve adjusted the plastic one to get the friction zone closer to the grip but I don’t care for
the cheap plastic.
I’d like to hear opinions on the FBI adjuster replacement before I put one on.
I installed the Fat Baggers adjuster. It’s a solid piece, and I’m happy with it, but it doesn’t change the click thing at all.

Old 12-13-2022, 01:36 PM
Axedude
Cruiser

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Belloc42
I installed the Fat Baggers adjuster. It’s a solid piece, and I’m happy with it, but it doesn’t change the click thing at all.
Thanks, I’ll probably get it just to get rid of the plastic.
I’m wondering if the click is from the clutch lever hitting the grip. On my grip it does hit metal when I pull the clutch in. I probably won’t chase it down until next spring. Hopefully by then people will have more experience with the cable clutches.

Old 12-13-2022, 01:49 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,687 Likes on 4,489 Posts

Stage 2 full SE exhaust, SE462 cam, SE tuner, dyno tuned 110 hp/ 122 tq
sorry for going off topic, and maybe you touched on this elsewhere and can point me to that regarding your upgrade..curious why you went with that cam and what are your thoughts after running it....pretty much the exception not the rule over the years on going with that over the 447 in Touring models, thanks

edit: love the color, my buddy got the same bike in orange which is really sharp as well...I had very briefly considered going with one but in the red blacked out, mainly due to saving about $4000 but stayed put and have learned that they are almost impossible to get this late in the season anyway..best for me anyway considering $$ and mines been great

Last edited by mjwebb; 12-13-2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-13-2022, 01:55 PM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks, I’ll probably get it just to get rid of the plastic.
I’m wondering if the click is from the clutch lever hitting the grip. On my grip it does hit metal when I pull the clutch in. I probably won’t chase it down until next spring. Hopefully by then people will have more experience with the cable clutches.
I adjusted my cable so that it engages close to the grip, then I pull the lever all the way to the grip and the grip catches the click. I still feel it if don't pull it all the way in. Pretty sure it's not the lever or the cable, but I don't know what it would be in the clutch itself. I had a 2018 Sport Glide and it didn't do this. It does seem harmless enough, and very widespread, so I'm not particularly worried about it. If I had to guess, I'd say it's something about the way the shifter fork releases or moves when it's shifted. I'll try to remember to ask a tech next time I'm by the dealership.

The following users liked this post:
rick601 (12-13-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 09:13 AM
Axedude
Cruiser

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=mjwebb;20972871]sorry for going off topic, and maybe you touched on this elsewhere and can point me to that regarding your upgrade..curious why you went with that cam and what are your thoughts after running it....pretty much the exception not the rule over the years on going with that over the 447 in Touring models, thanks/QUOTE]

I wanted to stay safe for warranty purposes. I’m very happy with the cam

Dyno results

Old 12-14-2022, 09:46 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,687 Likes on 4,489 Posts

[QUOTE=Axedude;20973938]
Originally Posted by mjwebb
sorry for going off topic, and maybe you touched on this elsewhere and can point me to that regarding your upgrade..curious why you went with that cam and what are your thoughts after running it....pretty much the exception not the rule over the years on going with that over the 447 in Touring models, thanks/QUOTE]

I wanted to stay safe for warranty purposes. I’m very happy with the cam

Dyno results
the SE 447 is the approved Harley Torque cam which would maintain warranty and is by far the most popular of the two for heavy touring bikes so that's why I asked what made you decide to go the other route..but you are happy so good enough of an answer

SE462
This kit was developed for the budget minded rider that wants to experience that adrenalin-pumping burst of speed while heading toward the red line. The additional power starts to build @ 3000 RPM and continues to build by up to 24% at redline. Riding the bike aggressively will require downshifting to lower gears to keep the engine operating in the higher RPM range.
• Ideal for riders looking for excitement and are willing to ride in the upper RPM range
• Produces greater acceleration in the mid and upper RPM range

SE447
This kit was developed for the budget minded rider that wants to experience crisp throttle response and acceleration they can feel at slower speeds. The 5% increase in torque can be felt immediately off the line and continues to build by up to a 14% increase @ 4500 RPM – the ideal power band for passing slow moving vehicles.
• Delivers enhanced torque and horsepower in the low to mid RPM range
• Produces passing power without a downshift or high revs

Last edited by mjwebb; 12-14-2022 at 09:53 AM.