Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

2001 fxdxt

Old 08-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Tenfive0
Road Captain
Received 361 Likes on 195 Posts
Default 2001 fxdxt

Offered for sale is a 2001 FXDXT/T-Sport currently with 8,600 miles. I bought the bike with 1,294 miles on it in January 2006 after it was traded in by the original owner at a local Harley dealership. The title is free and clear in my wife’s name. It’s become necessary to sell the T-Sport as a result of an auto accident I had January 2013. The outcome of my misfortune and injuries has left me unable to ride without causing pain in my lower back and hips.

For those who are not familiar with a T-Sport, it was only produced for 3 years and then production was abruptly halted for whatever reason. There after it became a highly sought after Harley factory sport touring bike that gained admiration among riders who recognized its abilities. The T-Sport was offered factory stock with quick detachable ballistic nylon saddlebags and a small front fairing with an adjustable windshield. The saddlebags are expandable by means of a zippered cinching system and they can hold a large amount of whatever needed while two wheeling long distance. The bike also came stock/original with fully adjustable front and rear suspension a narrow glide triple trees with 39mm front forks that are adjustable for compression and rebound damping and the dual-rate spring can be tensioned for preload. Dual gas-charged shocks on the rear are also adjustable for preload and rebound damping. With the suspension adjusted softer for open thoroughfare touring, the T-Sport will take on highway bumps and imperfections with added ease, and when tuned stiffer, you’ll take on country back road curves with confidence. If you're not that picky, you can set and forget the suspension somewhere in the middle. For brakes, the FXDXT offers two big discs up front, and a single matching unit on the rear, actuated by four-piston calipers.

The FXDXT/T-Sport has the following new items, added goodies and/or upgrades:

PA inspected until Sept 2015
Battery Tender Plug In
New Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) Battery
New Front Tire - Zero Miles 100% Tread Remains
Rear Tire New Last Year – with 750 Miles on it - 95% Tread Remains
Fresh Oil Change and Filter Less than 25 Miles Ago
Passenger Padded Backrest (Sissy Bar) with Rack
Leather Luggage Rack Duffel Bag
Sundowner Leather Seat
Some Bolton Shiny Things
Tweaked and Re-Jetted Stock CV Carburetor
Screamin Free Flow Air Filter
Screamin Eagle Slip-on Mufflers
FXDP Police Defender Running/Floor Boards
Customized FXDP Police Defender Shifter and Brake Pedal
FXDP Police Defender Engine Guard/Crash Bar
Engine Guard/Crash Bar Highway Peg Foot Rests
Clear 2inch Taller Rifle Windshield
Super Glide Handlebars
All Take Off Stock Items Included with Sale of Bike

If you Dare to be different and take the path less traveled this rare example of an all American motorcycle might be for you. You can be assured your FXDXT won’t get lost in a parking lot. This is an opportunity to put some distance between the hordes and masses of wannabes, posers and spectators and escape in style with some added soul and character.

Two keys, original owner’s manual, free and clear title in hand, PA inspected until Sept 2015 and all take off stock items included with sale of bike. There are no known mechanical issues with the bike what so ever. The transmission shifts smoothly and the engine run as expected with no unusual noises or sounds. The bike has always been kept and stored in a controlled environment over the winter and summer months, adult ridden and well maintained. It has NEVER been in an accident of collision. The bike was involved in a LOW SPEED FALL OVER at less than 10 MPH on a dirt road when the front tire got caught in a wash out gully. The fairing has a few scratches and the fuel tank has a very small ding. The dent in the tank is hardly noticeable unless you know it is there and you’re looking for it. There is a scratch on the tank near the instrument panel from the previous owner and was on the bike when I bought it. If I planned on keeping the bike I'd fix it by painting the entire body parts satin black. The bike is the real deal set up and is ready to go anywhere. Asking price $8,250.00, no reasonable offer refused. If anyone is interested please PM me for further details. I’m regretting having to sell my bikes but I'm still able to enjoy getting around in my Street Rods. Thanks for looking and ride safe.

Last edited by Tenfive0; 08-14-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Tenfive0
Road Captain
Default Price lowered

Bump asking price lowered from $8,750.00 to $8,250.00.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Tenfive0
Road Captain

Bump *lower asking price to $7,850.00*

Old 08-27-2014, 04:04 AM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe no one has scooped this up. I love that purple. Free bump for ya

Old 08-27-2014, 08:36 PM
ruu-dog
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a fxdx dyna.. But this one I would need to paint and pipes and some more work.. Plus California has weird smog laws.. Wish I had more to spend..

Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 AM
Tenfive0
Road Captain
Default Lower price

Bump to $7,500.00

Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 AM
hajimetai
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is old but wondering if you sold this. I am looking for purple T-Sport.Thanks.