Northeast Tri-State Area NJ, NY, and Ct

Americade

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:49 PM
cerk4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peedib89 how bad is the trafic on 9w and 9 in albany... that would be a more direct rt. for me to take but didnt know about 9W at noon time on friday

Old 05-30-2009, 04:24 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 nighttrain
I'm in Albany so it's up the northway about 60 miles for me. Going Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. Gotta' work some of the week anyway.

Good news though, the weather looks pretty good during the week, mostly sunny w/ some showers thru wednesday, then clear skies & comfortable temps the rest of the week, in the 70's throughout the week. So all in all looks like a pretty good week coming up.

Don't know about the troopers. If I find out, I'll certainly write in & let everyone know. I really hope they take this one off though, really PO'd a lot of riders last year.
i dont know where u got weather from.. looks like rain all week through the americade
http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?w...orecast:tenday

Old 05-30-2009, 06:19 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Thumbs up Americade from Staten Island

Im leaving Solo for my first Americade Run on Thursday early AM. I have a room for Thurs & Fri night will return Sat afternoon anyone else? If anyone is also leavin then let me know and we will hook up If ya get stranded with no place to stay Ill see if they have a cot as its a one bedroom! Bill

Old 05-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Peedib89
Tourer

shouldnt be to bad, the real slow down is in saratoga

Old 05-31-2009, 05:45 AM
cerk4
Cruiser

Saratoga is a town worth slowing down for, never there this time of year, only go up on race month and its a traffic jam. thanks for the update. have a sfe trip and will be riding on Sat. if you want to go just let me know and i'll give ya a cell #

Old 05-31-2009, 06:39 AM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jbmss
Anyone hear if the State police are setting up the spot checks on 87 like they did last year?
They did not come out and say so yet but a article in todays paper said they are try to keep bikers "safe". They used that excuse for roadblocks at Am-Jam last weekend so I would guess they are going to do it again this year. It is harrasment no matter how you look at it.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:19 AM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jbmss
Anyone hear if the State police are setting up the spot checks on 87 like they did last year?
I would say so they seem more active this year, in April when Marcus Dairy had their show in Danbury CT, the NY state police had a stop set up on I84 on the NY side. It seem like the state police want to help the increase the state"s revenue at motorcycle riders expense.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:44 AM
SLP24
Tourer

Hi All,

NEW YORKERS! (and even Connecticut and Massachusetts riders) If you are heading to the Americade via I-87, a road I personally get bored on, can I suggest these alternates:

I-87 North to I-787 North in Albany to Route 7 East to either Route 4 North or Route 40 North. If you take Route 40 then take Rt 149 West in Hartford all the way into Lake George. If you take Rt 4, jump on Rt 149 in Fort Ann.

This is a beautiful ride through some old farm land and best of all, its not straight! Great small town diners to eat at, plenty of gas stations to hit and best of all, if I-87 is backed up, this will not take you any longer.

For those that want to stay completely off I-87. Use the Taconic State Parkway North. Get off at the "Last Exit Before Toll" Route 295. Head North to Rt, 22 North. Take Rt 22 North into Granville, NY and make a right on Rt 149 West.

FYI: Weather Permitting, I will be heading up from White Plains, NY on Friday afternoon. Leaving around 2:30pm. I'll be in Lake George Saturday for the Parade which happens around Noon. They I will hit the expo. I will be staying at Lake St. Catherine, VT off Rt 30 and heading back Sunday. I know the area well and know some great roads. Feel free to PM me for my contact info, you want touch base or have questions. I have been going there since 1988.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Peedib89
Tourer

thanks for the offer cerk. wed and thurs are the only days ill be able to make it up there do to work.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:09 PM
dave k.
Cruiser
Default weather update/ Troopers?

Unfortunately, we will be in for some sun & some rain. typical for upstate. high 60's & low 70's so temp should be ok...good news is it's not a washout as in previous years & the weather gets better as the week goes on.

I've heard the troopers WILL make a showing anywhere between exits 18 thru 21 so I'll be going up RT9 from Glens Falls on. My bike is very loud, no doubt a ticket there.

Hope this helps.. Safe ride & enjoy..Dave

Quick Reply: Americade