Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Bay area and surrounding dive bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 01:54 AM
cathxiii
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bay area and surrounding dive bars

I have been checking off some good dive bars and biker bars here in Northern California. Thought maybe some of you would benefit from my findings. Feel free to add to this list. No order

Alices- Woodside-Good ride, road is under construction and currently traffic is terrible so cant tear it up like you used to be able to but still a good place. Always filled with bikes.

Applejacks- La Jolla-Right down from alices towards HWY 1. I prefer this one to Alices. Cash only great dive bar in a old barn with a fireplace.

Saloon- SF- Great bar with live jazz. Biker/dive bar. Cash only up near north beach area. Solid spot with stiff drinks. Oldest bar in SF

Callahans- Santa Cruz- Good Irish dive bar. While you are in town swing by the Poet and the Patriot another great Irish Pub. Cash only another dive.

Old Princeton Landing house- Half Moon Bay- Stop by on your way down 1 has a grill connected with amazing fish tacos. ( also worth mentioning is Cameron's pub, old english guest house a little further south down US1)

Johnnys- Hollister- iconic stop. Famed first " biker bar" a must burgers are spot on. While you are in hollister stop by Whiskey Creek cash only both of these joints are a must if you are into the Wild One or history of biker clubs.

Hogs breath-Carmel-by-the-sea- tiny bar with a fireplace Clint Eastwoods joint. Swing by Carbones in Monterey while that way.

Willow den- San Jose- Good spot to catch the game and unload. Right near lane splitter harley. Stiff drinks

Now the city (SF) itself is a whole nother animal but to rattle off a few:
Zeitgeist, Thieves Tavern, Irish Bank, Li-Po Lounge, Vesuvios, Whiskey Thieves, Tempest, Hi dive and the buddha lounge.

I got more but got bored... let me hear some other suggestions? Anywhere in norcal I need some new destinations to ride to.

Last edited by cathxiii; 04-18-2017 at 01:57 AM.