Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Wolfgang Uber ceramic coating

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:32 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Wolfgang Uber ceramic coating

Anyone used this product on their bike?
If so what kind of results have you seen?

Old 02-16-2018, 09:21 PM
Ryan42
Road Master
Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytacticalnut
Anyone used this product on their bike?
If so what kind of results have you seen?
Used it on my truck and it’s been about 6 months. It’s okay I don’t notice anything too amazing that a coat of wax couldn’t do.

The following users liked this post:
Big L (02-16-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 03:15 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

Coatings last longer and stay cleaner longer. I detail cars as a sid gig for the last 15 years and coatings are a game changer.
Lots of different coatings on the market, so goo some not so much. I have used Uber a few times.
My thoughts on it.
Very easy to work with. Perfect for a DIY. Looks good. should last 1-2 years if maintained properly. Good all around coating
I think there are better coatings out there, but application of them becomes more involved.
I have had 22 PLE on my truck for over 3 yrs and its just starting to fade. Had it on the bike also and just removed it. 22PLE is a upper tier coating that looks real good and last a long time.
I just used Polish Angel Cosmic and then High Gloss over it. this is a boutique coating. The looks on black paint are incredible, I was blown away after the 48hr cure time. Sheets water incredible.
Coatings are on a different level than wax but they are not for everyone

Old 02-19-2018, 07:20 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Coatings last longer and stay cleaner longer. I detail cars as a sid gig for the last 15 years and coatings are a game changer.
Lots of different coatings on the market, so goo some not so much. I have used Uber a few times.
My thoughts on it.
Very easy to work with. Perfect for a DIY. Looks good. should last 1-2 years if maintained properly. Good all around coating
I think there are better coatings out there, but application of them becomes more involved.
I have had 22 PLE on my truck for over 3 yrs and its just starting to fade. Had it on the bike also and just removed it. 22PLE is a upper tier coating that looks real good and last a long time.
I just used Polish Angel Cosmic and then High Gloss over it. this is a boutique coating. The looks on black paint are incredible, I was blown away after the 48hr cure time. Sheets water incredible.
Coatings are on a different level than wax but they are not for everyone
How do you know when the coatings are failing or need replaced. Does the ceramic coating start peeling when it starts to fail. Or is it more of a failure to bead as much. If it seems to peel then I may not want to install it on my bike. Plus can you coat freshly painted parts?

Old 02-19-2018, 08:02 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

After I coat a vehicle the first wash I do 7 days later. I do this to ensure the coating adhered to the paint properly. I can tell if the coating is good to go by how it sheets water mostly. Beading also but mostly sheeting.
You can tell when its almost done but the sheeting, beading and also washing it. The paint is very very slick washing when the coating is in good shape. when its failing it tends to feel grabby, like bare paint.
You can not coat fresh paint. Have to wait for the paint to completely gas off

Old 02-21-2018, 07:29 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
After I coat a vehicle the first wash I do 7 days later. I do this to ensure the coating adhered to the paint properly. I can tell if the coating is good to go by how it sheets water mostly. Beading also but mostly sheeting.
You can tell when its almost done but the sheeting, beading and also washing it. The paint is very very slick washing when the coating is in good shape. when its failing it tends to feel grabby, like bare paint.
You can not coat fresh paint. Have to wait for the paint to completely gas off
I wonder how long I should wait for the fresh paint to off gas before applying the coating?

Old 02-22-2018, 08:11 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

If its factory paint your good right away. Repaint, ask your painter what he recommends. Some painters say 30-45 days and I have heard one guy say a year which is on the extreme side. In this case its better to error on the side of caution.