Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Mexico ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:59 AM
eskimoSG09
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from two weeks in Playa (we flew in). Noticed lots of vehicles with plates from Texas, Florida, California, Louisiana, etc parked at our resort and in town. I assume most of them drove and arrived safely. I completely agree that any non first world country is more risky to travel to and in, but I have always said that there are places in my own town that I don't go after dark too.I work in healthcare, and based upon my experience with patients who have been seriously injured in Mexico, stay away from drugs and you improve your odds 100%. I speculate that many of the non natural deaths are related to drugs and alcohol.It is a beautiful country, but fully educate yourself before you ride there. I would love to ride there myself but my kids need to be older before I would consider such an extensive ride. Enjoy!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:08 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ripper43
The only good things I have read about riding into Mexico are from Mexicans that don't live in Mexico.

Have a safe trip.
I am mexican and I live in México.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 AM
PirateJohn
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mimo
Thank you PJ,

Guys... next time you want some input about traveling into México, ask a mexican... I'm sure there are some in here... Riding into México all the way to Veracruz and Cancún is really riding into México, to the point of almost going out the other end into Guatemala... I never saw so many chicken-chit "bikers" together in the same thread... If I did not know my country and my people so well after reading this I'd move out fart-fast with what I'm wearing only.

This great event hosted by our local chapter is coming late Feb, lots of visitors rode down from Canada and the US last year, many more expected this year.

Mimo.

My pleasure Mimo!

As you know, interest in sport motorcycling is growing rapidly in Mexico. When I was riding back from Santa Ana a few months ago I ran across a bunch of folks who were going to a rally in Tuxpam and they invited me along. Great people and a great time. The town itself turned out to be a beautiful little port city with a scenic river running right through it.

These stories of violence always remind me that as crazy as we have it here in the Rio Grande Valley, there certainly seem to have been more drug related shootings going on in Jacksonville, FL when we were living there.

PS -

I hear that California is going to fall into the sea, and that the Southeast is full of Klanners. Don't ride in those places either. In fact, the safest thing to do is to stay at home and polish your chrome.

Here are some photos of those mean old Mexican bikers (several groups actually) that I accidentally ran across on the way back from Santa Ana, which was a resort slightly south of Veracruz for those of you with maps. They were all going to a rally at Tuxpam.

The following users liked this post:
cabojunkie (10-31-2016)
Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by munch34m
I ask for some simple information, and I get moronic statements from people that have never left the county. If you have no informationthen run along and play. Don't post your drivel. Supprised you didn't tell me to buy a manual......sheeesh, children today
He (OP) summed it up pretty well right from the start. Ride on.

Mimo.