Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Speed Sensor Street Glide 2010 SE

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 03:40 PM
RandyCCT
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Sensor Street Glide 2010 SE

Fellas, I have read so many post on my problem, speedometer not working, flashers not turning off automatically, bike stalling when causing and clutch pulled in..... and believe it is the VSS (Speed Sensor). Only change to manufacture stock FLHXSE is slip on RhineHarts. I found, I think, the Speed Sensor, (under starter, rear of trans, near center of frame.... How do you get to it to change it?? I have seen something on removing seat, battery box... but I see some high pressure lines and blah blah... looks like it might be over my capabilities or I could screw something else up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:17 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 498 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyCCT
Fellas, I have read so many post on my problem, speedometer not working, flashers not turning off automatically, bike stalling when causing and clutch pulled in..... and believe it is the VSS (Speed Sensor). Only change to manufacture stock FLHXSE is slip on RhineHarts. I found, I think, the Speed Sensor, (under starter, rear of trans, near center of frame.... How do you get to it to change it?? I have seen something on removing seat, battery box... but I see some high pressure lines and blah blah... looks like it might be over my capabilities or I could screw something else up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The service manual says you have to remove the starter.

Attached Thumbnails Speed Sensor Street Glide 2010 SE-scan0012.jpg