Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2018 CVO Ltd issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 11:22 PM
DandSPro
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
Yes they did. When the tech figured out the rear pigtail was wrong, he told me he flashed the system and installed everything, all I needed to do is come back for the pigtail to be installed once it arrives.
From what I was told, you have to have everything installed before you can flash because of the output of the amps being directed to the appropriate speakers .

Old 01-06-2018, 02:45 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't waste your time or money with the Boom 2 upgrade. I was a very early adopter of the system on my 2014 CVO Limited which had the same stock system as your 2018. In the end, I removed the Boom 2 system and installed an aftermarket amp and speakers. I'm much happier with my 600 watt Arc Moto amp and Focal speakers.

Best of luck.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:08 PM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
Don't waste your time or money with the Boom 2 upgrade. I was a very early adopter of the system on my 2014 CVO Limited which had the same stock system as your 2018. In the end, I removed the Boom 2 system and installed an aftermarket amp and speakers. I'm much happier with my 600 watt Arc Moto amp and Focal speakers.

Best of luck.
Well the money is already spent, so I have to work with what I have. I verified I have the right Bin file loaded thanks to DandSPro. Next step is to bring it to the dealer in the spring to see what else they can do.

Too bad there isn't a way to alter the Bin file ourselves, as the 146_OFF.bin sounds awesome. If I could use that one when the bike is ON (running), I'd have no issues.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:18 PM
robatrak
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Evening all from the UK, just looking to add to my upgraded Heritage with the 2018 CVO Limited but seeing after how much the bike costs, it isn't without changing the exhausts, filter and tuning correctly and now with the sound issues, I might just save my money and buy a Hoda Goldwing!! Drive it out the showroom, save myself $15,000 and enjoy the riding with my good lady as the most compfrtable seat she has ever sat in on a bike - no extras needed, no fuss just enjoy your riding without the drama - god HD got us all screwed over a barrel and with the cross contamination on some bikes, WTF

Old 08-05-2018, 11:18 AM
CharlieMac
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by robatrak
Evening all from the UK, just looking to add to my upgraded Heritage with the 2018 CVO Limited but seeing after how much the bike costs, it isn't without changing the exhausts, filter and tuning correctly and now with the sound issues, I might just save my money and buy a Hoda Goldwing!! Drive it out the showroom, save myself $15,000 and enjoy the riding with my good lady as the most compfrtable seat she has ever sat in on a bike - no extras needed, no fuss just enjoy your riding without the drama - god HD got us all screwed over a barrel and with the cross contamination on some bikes, WTF
I just did a demo ride for about 32 miles on the new Goldwing at the Sturgis rally. I was curious to see how the DCT transmission fared in a touring bike as I have an Africa Twin with the DCT. Although the new Goldwing is nice, it didn't come anywhere near providing to me the enjoyment that I have with my 2018 Anniversary CVO limited. Furthermore, I haven't found the need to alter it from stock configuration. Although I am completely satisfied with the OEM Hammock seat, I did purchase a brown Corbin seat for looks.
Charlie

The following users liked this post:
robatrak (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 12:21 PM
patrick74
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Following

Last edited by patrick74; 08-05-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:02 PM
robatrak
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieMac
I just did a demo ride for about 32 miles on the new Goldwing at the Sturgis rally. I was curious to see how the DCT transmission fared in a touring bike as I have an Africa Twin with the DCT. Although the new Goldwing is nice, it didn't come anywhere near providing to me the enjoyment that I have with my 2018 Anniversary CVO limited. Furthermore, I haven't found the need to alter it from stock configuration. Although I am completely satisfied with the OEM Hammock seat, I did purchase a brown Corbin seat for looks.
Charlie
TBH - I preferred the 2018 old models that are with dealers (2016/17 models), more luggage, more comfort as not looking for the sporty ride, want a real long distance tourer and no question, my good lady has ridden all as a pillion but 100% without any doubt, the GW pillion seat (and even the riders seat with forward pegs for cruising) was the best. Sorry HD but you have lost a customer who wants a cruiser without the fuss, or drama HD bikes have given me and so many HD owners I know.