Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

SE Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:24 PM
Harley SSG
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SE Tuners

I want to go S4 on my 19 CVORG within the next few weeks to take advantage of the “60 day” full warranty. Does anyone have experience with SE (Pro Street / Pro Auto) tuners while using HD and/or aftermarket headers?

Old 05-21-2019, 06:22 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

There are much better turners then the SE Turner.

I understand keeping your warranty. My vote is TTS Mastertune Turner and Fullsac Header & Fullsac CVO baffles.

YB

The following users liked this post:
nytryder (06-04-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 10:27 AM
Harley SSG
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
There are much better turners then the SE Turner.

I understand keeping your warranty. My vote is TTS Mastertune Turner and Fullsac Header & Fullsac CVO baffles.

YB
This is the route my dealer wanted me to go...until I mentioned the concern of the warranty while traveling.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:30 PM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 802 Likes on 527 Posts

I had the SEPST and the Auto Tuner on my ‘17 CVO Limited and my ‘18 RGS using the S&S full compliant exhaust with high flow cats in the mufflers. For me I liked the sound, performance and peace of mind of a warranty on a new bike. I know there are better tuners out there but you will have to sacrifice something to keep your warranty.
FYI, Rinehart is currently developing a 50 state compliant exhaust that should be released in the near future. You can view the information on their website.
One other thing to consider is your riding style, is stage 4 going to give you what you are looking for? You will lose some bottom end from stock to gain a lot in the higher RPM range.
My ‘19 Mako is stock except for S&S Grand National Slip Ons. I had 3,500 trouble free miles prior to my trip to Myrtle Beach. I was considering aftermarket cam, exhaust and tuner. I am not sure I have a problem but my oil level dropped significantly in the 500 miles I rode from home to MB and around for a couple of days. The service manager at Beach House Harley topped it off before I left on Sunday morning. I checked it during a stop in Fayetteville and all seemed good. Once I got home there was more oil showing on the stick than when I left MB. Each check was done on a flat surface with the motor being hot. I hope all is well but I’m glad I haven’t changed anything yet.
Good Luck in your decision

Old 05-22-2019, 08:11 AM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 215 Likes on 125 Posts

The service manager at Beach House Harley topped it off before I left on Sunday morning. I checked it during a stop in Fayetteville and all seemed good. Once I got home there was more oil showing on the stick than when I left MB. Each check was done on a flat surface with the motor being hot. I hope all is well but I’m glad I haven’t changed anything yet.
Good Luck in your decision
Beach House Harley is right up the road from me....they are good people who know what they are doing! Jim the service manager always takes his time to let you know whats good along with whats poor. I have seen many happy riders leave their dealership with their problems fixed! When my bike needs fixing or just for routine maintenance, it goes to Beach House!

Last edited by WRE4U; 05-22-2019 at 08:22 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-22-2019, 08:52 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

Received 5,450 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Having seen the results of HD sticking their nose in places where it doesn't belong ( like plugging in Digital Tech to see if you've changed anything, when you're there for recall stuff), and the lack of usable torque ( and reported reliability concerns) from the HD Stg 4 kits in the areas most ride in (time spent between 1500-4000 RPM is like 95% of all riding), decide what is more important to you- warranty or performance
If warranty is most important, use the complete SE hi flow exhaust, SEHB, and SE tuner- will make ~115 TQ and ~105 HP, be stronger in the 1500-4000 RPM range than the S4 kit, and keep warranty intact.
If performance is more important. there's a lot of different kits out there, pick the power level you desire and pay the man.

The following users liked this post:
Harley SSG (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by rigidthumper
Having seen the results of HD sticking their nose in places where it doesn't belong ( like plugging in Digital Tech to see if you've changed anything, when you're there for recall stuff), and the lack of usable torque ( and reported reliability concerns) from the HD Stg 4 kits in the areas most ride in (time spent between 1500-4000 RPM is like 95% of all riding), decide what is more important to you- warranty or performance
If warranty is most important, use the complete SE hi flow exhaust, SEHB, and SE tuner- will make ~115 TQ and ~105 HP, be stronger in the 1500-4000 RPM range than the S4 kit, and keep warranty intact.
If performance is more important. there's a lot of different kits out there, pick the power level you desire and pay the man.
That sums it up right there. I ended up voting for the warranty and went stage 3 after riding a stage 4 114. Glad I did. That being said, once the warranty is up it's aftermarket parts and TTS all the way.