Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullet Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 06:25 PM
FatKen
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Bullet Fairing

I want to put some sort of windscreen on my 15 Lo. I can't stand how windshields look and was wondering if anyone runs the Memphis shade bullet fairings? If so how much do they help for wind protection and bugs?

Old 04-02-2016, 11:01 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by FatKen
I want to put some sort of windscreen on my 15 Lo. I can't stand how windshields look and was wondering if anyone runs the Memphis shade bullet fairings? If so how much do they help for wind protection and bugs?
They help a lot. I run a Memphis bullet and the wind is off your chest, goes right over the top of my helmet.

The following users liked this post:
FatKen (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 08:52 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by cdonis
They help a lot. I run a Memphis bullet and the wind is off your chest, goes right over the top of my helmet.
savin my pennies for one too.
somethin else I'm considering in what's on the new cvo breakout, but requires smaller head light

Old 04-03-2016, 09:58 AM
FatKen
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

^^^^^^^^

I hear that I don't understand why they can't sell the fairing and brackets together for a little discount.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:02 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My CVO Pro Street has the 5 3/4 H-D headlight. I thought all Softails had 5 3/4 also.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:34 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
savin my pennies for one too.
somethin else I'm considering in what's on the new cvo breakout, but requires smaller head light
An Arlene ness, or the cvo setup from 2016 Looks great but having the fairing I have and my experience with about 15000 miles using it I am certain that with less height it would put wind in your face. Its not a big deal for some but I see most my riding at or above 65 mph. I have taken the fairing off and at speed I find the bobble head effect pissed me off pretty quick. I know I know,.... That's part of the riding experience

Old 04-03-2016, 12:32 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

I have the quarter fairing on my breakout and while it does pull some wind off my chest, I still catch it in the face. I sit more upright because of my carlini bars. I think these smaller fairings work best if you have a more aggressive handlebar.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:44 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Not all softails have the 5.3/4" headlight. Some come with the 7"
My ride's a Slim w/ the 7". Perfectly happy enduring the blast to my body. I may end up with a bullet fairing, but I think that might be a bit more protection than I really need. I guess I'm more after style rather than function.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Bunker Hill
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I really like the look of the Memphis Shades Bullet fairing on the Slim S, and I'd love to see what it looks like on my Night Train.

Does anyone have any idea if the Bullet fairing can be made to fit a Night Train without me having to swap out the front forks?

Old 01-18-2017, 03:30 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by FatKen
I was in the same boat as you. I hate the look of a windshield on a breakout so I went for the bullet fairing. Originally bought it for long trips to keep the wind off me. As soon as I put it on after paint, it was there to stay. Really good fairing for what you want it for. Looks sweet too!

The following 3 users liked this post by UHDhog:
Arthropraxis (06-06-2021), Casper (08-27-2019), wachuko (01-24-2017)

Quick Reply: Bullet Fairing