Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Animal494
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak

The fitting on the oil line from the oil tank to the back of the crankcase of my 05 FLSTSCI started to leak towards the end of last season. Took it in to the stealership, and they "fixed it" under warranty. Said the plastic clip in the fitting was screwed up. This spring, got the bike out, rode it a day, and sure enough oil leak is back. Took it back in again. "Fixed" under warranty. This weekend it started leaking yet again... less than two weeks after they "fixed" it the second time. So far it hasn't cost me a dime...other than the multiple trips to the dealership and the time I could have spent riding it... it is getting a little annoying. Anyone else had this problem? It is acutally getting worse each time I take it in... When I took it in the first time last fall, it was maybe a drop on the floor after letting it sit over night. Now it's a full puddle everywhere I stop for more than a minute or two. Any worse, and the girlfriend might stop letting me keep it in the living room!

Has anyone else had trouble with this type of oil leak?

Animal

Old 05-21-2007, 11:25 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Oil Leak

Change the fitting that the plastic clip goes into. At this point don't settle for less than replacement of the whole fitting and parts to go with it or you will be chasing the damn thing the rest of your life. Clearly your dealer can't figure out how it's suppose to work, and how it seals or it would be right the first time.
Ron

Old 05-21-2007, 11:40 PM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Animal494

It is acutally getting worse each time I take it in... When I took it in the first time last fall, it was maybe a drop on the floor after letting it sit over night. Now it's a full puddle everywhere I stop for more than a minute or two. Any worse, and the girlfriend might stop letting me keep it in the living room!

Has anyone else had trouble with this type of oil leak?

Animal
Well, they're workin' on the right thing... It's gettin' worse!

Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Animal494
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, there's no doubt where the oil is coming from. Even the greenest stealership wrench bender could find it. Now if they could just fix the damn thing! It's gonna be a long summer at this rate!