Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm not disarming!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Bripac393
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alarm not disarming!

Hi guys my 2007 Fat Boy, not let me to start it, when I approach the bike with y fob, the alarm is not disarming, when I turn the ignition on and bleeps ones, twice, tree times and the alarm start bleeping like crazy, I change the batteries on the fob, manage to change the security code, but when I finish, the alarm start again, I can’t start the bike, all this because I check the fuses and I pull out the wrong fuse and the alarm started, when I put the fuse back still bleeping like crazy, I don’t know what to do and my near dealer is an hour and a half from me, the cost to take the bike there will be over £130 and that si only to take the bike there, if anyone can help please let me know before I call for the van to come and pick the bike up, thank you guys! Regards from Scotland, Juan

Old 07-28-2017, 11:44 PM
HarleyHappy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,184 Likes on 1,796 Posts

make sure your battery is in the right way goes opposite the way you would think

The following users liked this post:
Bripac393 (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 02:14 PM
Bripac393
2nd Gear

nk HarleyHappy, but the bike was running okay before I removed the fuse and put it back, so it is not the battery, when I try to do what the videos tall you about change the dode of the bike, the bike not let me to find the alarm code or do anything, the alarm start bleeping like crazy, the fob is not doing nothing and I change the battery on it twice already, I am stock now for 2 days and I can find anyone can help, finally I will need to pay a fortune to get the thing going, I can believe it. anyway thanks again

Old 07-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't think the bike will let you change the code if it doesn't recognize the fob first. By your description, it's not recognizing the fob. Double check the battery orientation in the fob and make sure the new fob battery is actually good. I once got a brand new battery for my fob and it was dead straight out of the package.

Pulling fuses shouldn't cause this..

Bripac393 (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 04:56 PM
Bripac393
2nd Gear

Hi Pitbull Dallas, all started when I needed to change the handle bar switches, before that the injection pump wasn't working, I thought that a fuse was gone, because the cables on the handlebar switches touch something! when I finish change the switches, the injection pump still not working, so next was to check the fuses, I make a mistake and I pull the wrong fuse, then the alarm started bleeping like crazy, I had the fob with me and still not stop, I change the batteries on the fob and the same, finally stop, then I find the fuse of the injection pump and I was right it was faulty, so I change it, but when I try to start the bike, the alarm keeps starting all the time, I change the batteries on the fob again and is still the same, I try to follow videos to get the code but the bike not give the code, anything I try to do the alarm keeps going crazy, so I don't know what to do no more, finally I will need to pay a fortune to get the stupid alarm fix and I can start riding again, I am so angry, here in Scotland we not have no many good weather day and I am missing a lot of them for one thing or the other, anyway Thanks for reply and try to help, cheers!

Old 07-29-2017, 05:09 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Well since you worked on the handlebar switches, you might have a issue there. But, there's one thing you might try and that's disconnecting the battery, turn the ignition on and off and then reconnect the battery. Kind of a "rest". Don't know it it will make a difference, but it's worth a try..

Old 07-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Bripac393
2nd Gear

Hi Pitbull Dallas, thank you so much again for trying to help me, but brother, I am done with this ****! I try everything and is not working at all, the alarm is arm and not let me do anything, I had it! Tomorrow I will call the mechanic to come and pick the bike up and hope they can sort it for ones and for all! It is good till something is wrong like always, but hey, one thing is for sure, I'm riding the best Motorcycle in the World, Yes Sir! Ride Free! Ride Safe! "The Godfather"

Pitbull_Dallas (07-30-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 10:38 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Bripac393
Hi Pitbull Dallas, thank you so much again for trying to help me, but brother, I am done with this ****! I try everything and is not working at all, the alarm is arm and not let me do anything, I had it! Tomorrow I will call the mechanic to come and pick the bike up and hope they can sort it for ones and for all! It is good till something is wrong like always, but hey, one thing is for sure, I'm riding the best Motorcycle in the World, Yes Sir! Ride Free! Ride Safe! "The Godfather"
Hey, let us know what you find out. This is been an interesting thread.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Bripac393
2nd Gear

Hi Everyone, sorry for not let you guys know that the problem was sorted and you not going to believe what was the problem, the batteries on the fob! I changing this batteries 6 times and when I change the last time the battery it work, I don't Believe it my self, but hey, that is how it was, so thank God for that, I am on the road again! he he he!, But I need a Horn, any advise, remember I am in the UK, cheers!

Old 08-22-2017, 01:17 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

I suppose you could say this entire incident was "alarming"?

Bripac393 (08-22-2017)