Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIN'T NO CURE FOR THE WINTERTIME BLUES

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
FATBOYUSA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIN'T NO CURE FOR THE WINTERTIME BLUES

I live in wisconsin and it has been cold here. I don't want to put the FATBOY away but, it won't be long. What do you guys do all winter, this is my first?[sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 AM
YEFFRO12
Cruiser
Default RE: AIN'T NO CURE FOR THE WINTERTIME BLUES

I'm in the same boat. Just gotta realize that we can still ride with the right gear. I'm still climatized to the middle east. Actually had a conversation with my wife tonight about moving to TX or FL lol.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Hiflyer
Cruiser

I live in Cleveland, OH and ride pretty much all year. Can't ride in the snow though.

Remember, there's no such thing as cold weather, only cold clothes.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 AM
Paul.C.
Road Captain

Sorry fatboyusa,

But Winters down here in Ozare perfect for riding [8D]

Old 11-08-2007, 07:56 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think what happens is that all the folks who end up with their rides stuck in the stable start suffering from sunlight depravation. They sit on their idle steeds and make engine noises with their mouths.

They worry about the wife and kids running the snow-blowers into the ugly blanketed heap of quilts covering their bikes, and wake up in the middle of the night trying to remember the last time they rolled their tires to prevent flat spots.

They dream of getting parts chromed that can't be seen on your hands and knees with a flashlight, and they drool over the latest wiz-bang accessory that they must have before spring's first light.

Even if it is forty below with six feet of snow on the ground, as long as the roads are dry, you will see a hundred posts about a beautiful ride they had with their heated snowsuits on, with heated seats and grips.The guyswill start admitting that windscreens and fork deflectors are good. Some will even admit that they never take them off.

It becomes absolute open season on anyone living in Florida, Texas, or California. In all CAPS you will see them venomously turn on us with new slang terms never written before. Winter-dwellers will ignor all posted questions pertaining to maintenance activities if the queryeven hints at you still being on the road while the reader suffers from cabin fever.

In the dead of winter you will see posts from folks exclaiming the merits of lower mileage on their bikes and how it is a good thing to spend nine hours under those blankets cleaning their motorcycles with a toothbrush.

Yup, it won't be long before everyone will hate us fair-weather flat-landers.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

I think what happens is that all the folks who end up with their rides stuck in the stable start suffering from sunlight depravation. They sit on their idle steeds and make engine noises with their mouths.

They worry about the wife and kids running the snow-blowers into the ugly blanketed heap of quilts covering their bikes, and wake up in the middle of the night trying to remember the last time they rolled their tires to prevent flat spots.

They dream of getting parts chromed that can't be seen on your hands and knees with a flashlight, and they drool over the latest wiz-bang accessory that they must have before spring's first light.

Even if it is forty below with six feet of snow on the ground, as long as the roads are dry, you will see a hundred posts about a beautiful ride they had with their heated snowsuits on, with heated seats and grips.The guyswill start admitting that windscreens and fork deflectors are good. Some will even admit that they never take them off.

It becomes absolute open season on anyone living in Florida, Texas, or California. In all CAPS you will see them venomously turn on us with new slang terms never written before. Winter-dwellers will ignor all posted questions pertaining to maintenance activities if the queryeven hints at you still being on the road while the reader suffers from cabin fever.

In the dead of winter you will see posts from folks exclaiming the merits of lower mileage on their bikes and how it is a good thing to spend nine hours under those blankets cleaning their motorcycles with a toothbrush.

Yup, it won't be long before everyone will hate us fair-weather flat-landers.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
And your point is what?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Two things you have to do:

1) I would definately have a Battery Tender battery charger (or similiar product) on it.

2 ) and defiantey put Sta-bil in the gas tank and run the last tankwith Sta-bil in it, to get it throught the fuel system.

and maybe 3) I'm not sure if you need to do this but,
I would also put something between the rubber tires and cement on the floor.
To stop the "flat spotting of the tires" from some sort of weird chemical reaction between rubber and cement,
anything will work cardboard, an old rug, ect, ect.
Some guys say this is just for old Bias Ply tires, but hey why take the chance. It's simple and free to do.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:32 AM
GrampsWyatt
Cruiser

I can surely relate on the cold cold weather. We just had a blistering cold front in Texas and it dipped into the 50's here, brrrrrr. Had to go upstairs and get out those nasty old long sleeved shirts. Ya, I hatee the cold

Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: GrampsWyatt

I can surely relate on the cold cold weather. We just had a blistering cold front in Texas and it dipped into the 50's here, brrrrrr. Had to go upstairs and get out those nasty old long sleeved shirts. Ya, I hatee the cold
We moved to Texas from snow country and I would make fun of my wife when she said she couldn't stand it it was 50 degrees today.
Well now I can't stand anything under 60 degree. hahahahahahahaha

I hated the cold, I'm glad we were able to move down here.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:38 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

And your point is what?
Let's see......Rochester New York. Yup, the "grumpy" is setting in. Hee hee.

And this is why there becomes an open season. ha ha ha ha ha.

It's all good stuff!

Quick Reply: AIN'T NO CURE FOR THE WINTERTIME BLUES