Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thundermax ecm tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 PM
bluhogrider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thundermax ecm tuning

Anyone got any experience tuning the thundermax ecm (open loop) ? I'm still getting a little coughing from the intake, no matter what map I install. ) 03 FLSTCI, 2" drags,Zippers K&N A/F,the rest is stock (engine wise).

Old 11-25-2007, 11:15 PM
YEFFRO12
Cruiser
Default RE: Thundermax ecm tuning

I don't have any experience with open loop, but in the full tuning manual it talks about adjusting the accel fuel values to cure popping in the intake tract during sudden throttle blips from idle. The accel fuel values on EFI act like an accelerator pump on carb'd scoots. Then... I believe it says something about being able to correct this with the map pages, but that could be for closed loop only???

Old 11-26-2007, 01:28 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeff, Do you have the Thundermax closed loop system and what do you think about it?

Old 11-26-2007, 02:31 AM
YEFFRO12
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: tk353

Jeff, Do you have the Thundermax closed loop system and what do you think about it?
Yes I've got the T-Max/AutoTune and I'm very happy with it. It would really be a waist of time for me to try and explain the difference between stock and how it runs now. Just so much more "feelable" power. I was surprised how much better it started to. It just "lights off" when I hit start. Now I'm used to it though and want to do cams at least, but that's what happens, right?

The initial cost of the TMAX is high, but I like to tear stuff apart an awful lot. That being said, I don't want to have to incur dyno cost down the line for future mods....and I don't really trust anyone else but me working on bike. hmm... I'll let any experienced rider ride my bike, but won't let professional mechanics touch it??? That seems weird.... anyway.

Real time tuning can't be beat IMO.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
bluhogrider
6th Gear

Nah, I don't have auto tune YET. But I will, I'm just waitin to get my hands on some time and extra dough. I love the tmax ecm and I have explored every option before buying it. I tried lowering the accel fuel values to the lowest limit they recommend,which is 9 I believe I am afraigd of comprimising my throttle response. You know, When the bike was stock all I could do was put around loudly. Now she's got moption with the roar. I definately don't want to lose the fact that I can ****** second and make my ol lady **** herself.[sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
YEFFRO12
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bluhogrider

Nah, I don't have auto tune YET. But I will, I'm just waitin to get my hands on some time and extra dough. I love the tmax ecm and I have explored every option before buying it. I tried lowering the accel fuel values to the lowest limit they recommend,which is 9 I believe I am afraigd of comprimising my throttle response. You know, When the bike was stock all I could do was put around loudly. Now she's got moption with the roar. I definately don't want to lose the fact that I can ****** second and make my ol lady **** herself.[sm=smiley36.gif]
I beleive the tuning manual directs you to increase the accel fuel for pops in the intake.