Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all Crossbone riders!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 PM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Calling all Crossbone riders!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I do have some mods in the works. Honestly, I think Harley did such a great job, I want to keep it as stock as possible. I am going to move the lic plate to the rear axle. Got a sweet bare bones curved black powder coat plate bracket from ebay. I'll post a pic below. I did order the sissy bar and rear seat that's made for this bike. The sissy bar is amazing. Tall, laid back, pointed and black. I'm putting an Old No. 7 Derby cover that's rought black powder on the primary. I have the Vance and Hines Short Shot Black Staggered Exhaust on order. Those are supposed to be 3 to 6 weeks out. I plan on leaving the blinkers, rear fender, and break light alone. I may add some Old No. 7 grips at some point, but the stock ones are just fine for now. At some point I'll need to get saddle bags, but that's about it. I'll keep posting my upgrades. Glad you all enjoy! Can't wait to see some others doing their own mods as well..

WG

Old 02-09-2008, 12:38 PM
White Guy
Tourer

Whoops, forgot the pic of the lic plate mount....

Old 02-09-2008, 07:01 PM
ratatude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my vivid black CB on Thursday. Hope to take some pictures Tomorrow. Weather permitting, Hey White Guy. I was thinking of the same pipes but can't find anyone to tell me they would fit. what are you doing for your Power manager and what type of High flow air filter are you going with. Also I like the plate holder, where did you pick it up at? Are you going to put the Rear light on it too.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:27 PM
tkdeluxe
Advanced

ORIGINAL: PowerJunkie

The Cross Bones is one cool bike. My dealer just got one in and I'm riding there tomorrow with title in hand to see what kind of trade in deal they can give me for my old bike. It looks even cooler in person than in pictures. Congratulations for having such a cool bike.
One of the dealers in OKC sold theirs this morning for $22K even, cash deal, no trade. It was a "C" model like White Guys bike.

Good Luck man!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:16 PM
White Guy
Tourer

Rat... I'm almost 100% sure they will fit. I did find one site that had it listed as 08' Crossbones. Hadn't planned on doing any power management. What should I do? I was just gonna put the pipes on and call it good! lol.. I got the plate on Ebay for like $14.99. The ebay store is Road 6 Customs. Make sure to look for the ones that say OVERSTOCK 50% off. They have the same exact plate for $29.99. They have a ton of them, and some the same style but flat. I just picked up a cool set of Kuryakyn LED Licence Plate Bolt Lights. I'm gonna put the plate on bare, and use these as the top two to light it. Here's a pick. I can't wait to get the plate and put it all on.

WG

http://stores.ebay.com/Road-6-Custom...2BSI%26otn%3D4

Old 02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
ratatude
Cruiser

WG... I was told at the Stealer that if I put any aftermarket pipes on the 07/08 models they would require a power manager. I told them what I was planning on, the Vance and Hines and he recommended their FUELPAK. He also said I would need a High volume air filter. The
harley Stage one looks like it will work and fit our round air cleanser cover. I think I will pick up one of the plate holder's But I want to figure out how to move the rear light too.

Rat

ORIGINAL: White Guy

Rat... I'm almost 100% sure they will fit. I did find one site that had it listed as 08' Crossbones. Hadn't planned on doing any power management. What should I do? I was just gonna put the pipes on and call it good! lol.. I got the plate on Ebay for like $14.99. The ebay store is Road 6 Customs. Make sure to look for the ones that say OVERSTOCK 50% off. They have the same exact plate for $29.99. They have a ton of them, and some the same style but flat. I just picked up a cool set of Kuryakyn LED Licence Plate Bolt Lights. I'm gonna put the plate on bare, and use these as the top two to light it. Here's a pick. I can't wait to get the plate and put it all on.

WG

http://stores.ebay.com/Road-6-Custom...2BSI%26otn%3D4

Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the othermodles, but my deal told me they had to on some late 07 early 08's. They do have a download now that doesn't require a fuel pack..

Here's the HD number for it.

34236-06/DT.............Cart SE 1 Dig Tech (Downloadable)

This is for the SE A/C kit with Bub7 TD w/o crossover on a 08 RG.

If they have 1 for this with the Fly By Wire set up, I would think they would have one for the others. Might be wrong? Check it out.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:32 PM
sparkysguy
Cruiser

One Sweet Bike...

Congrats to all new owners!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:38 AM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

bump

Old 02-10-2008, 11:30 AM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I found this pic on Cycle Trader. It is from a dealership in FL. I thought I would share. A different set of pipes.

Quick Reply: Calling all Crossbone riders!