Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train Price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:43 AM
mstakern
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Train Price?

I was at the local dealer over the weekend and thay have an 08 black Night Train on the floor. They are asking MSRP plus freight a prep totaling $550.00, and the normal extras tax, tag, title. My question is has anyone had any luck getting a new one for under MSRP? I would definately not pay that stupid freight and prep charge. If others have had success, I might have to try another dealer.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:17 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Night Train Price?

My dealer here in southern Ohio usually has a sale during the summer, last year all softails were $500 under MSRP...none of the other dealers around here will do that, so he's not real popular with them, but he sells a lot of bikes...I'd just get a list of dealers around you and start calling...I was on the phone with a dozen dealers within a 100 mile radius when I found mine...that freight & prep's gonna be hard to get around, tho...not sayin' it can't be done, just sayin'...

Old 02-11-2008, 12:20 PM
bryan72
Cruiser

I paid MSRP + $27.00
and that's it.
out the door.
no freight, no prep, no nothing
at Meredith Harley in NH

Old 02-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

A lot depends on your relationship with the dealer. If you have a good one, they'll be more willing to work with you on the price. If you don't have much of a relationship with them, they'll probably stick to their pricing. Also, it depends on how badly they want that bike out of there. If they just can't seem to get rid of the bike, they'll jump on the chance to move it.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bryan72

I paid MSRP + $27.00
and that's it.
out the door.
at Meredith Harley in NH

That's cool...NH one of those states with no State sales tax?

Old 02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
bryan72
Cruiser

yup
no income tax either.

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

ORIGINAL: bryan72

I paid MSRP + $27.00
and that's it.
out the door.
at Meredith Harley in NH

That's cool...NH one of those states with no State sales tax?

Old 02-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Wadd2
Stage IV

I didn't buy a night train, but it's my first post and I sort of had to brag about my new harley! I just bought a 2008 Heritage classic. My dealer here in Grand Island Nebraska was fantastic. I paid $300 under MSRP, no set up fee, etc. Also got about $2300 worth of accessories for $1500, AND they're installing all for $120! The kicker...They also throw in the factory security system at no charge. I paid $19,500, out the door for the bike with of course the windshield and bags plus security system, V&H big shot longs, V&H fuel pack, Highway bars, cruise pegs, passenger floor boards, and ISO grips. I think I did pretty good. Sorry if I hi-jacked the night train thread.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Wadd2
Stage IV

Forgot to add, the color is Crimson Red Sunglo, and the $120 install is included in the $1500 I listed!

Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain

Hey bro, if you can hold out I would. The economy is in the gutter and HD is scrambling to prepare for a bad year. Shop around and wait until you can get it well under MSRP with free goodies and % off parts and labor for add-ons. Any dealer this year thinking they are going to make a killing are fooling themselves. When I was shoppin for my Springer Nighttrains were not very popular and under 14K, now they are gaining popularity for the 'Black' look, so $$ goes up. Patience wiil payoff........[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
tchaffin
Advanced

I paid MSRP, plus the front end chrome kit which was already installed on the floor. My local dealer rarely has NT's in stock, and they are gone within a week generally, so they wouldn't budge below MSRP.

-Tom

Quick Reply: Night Train Price?