Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy auxiliary lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:10 AM
soulfish
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fatboy auxiliary lights

No sealed beam bulbs since 2003.&nbsp\\; I changed out my headlight because the sealed beam was weak.&nbsp\\; If you add the auxilliary lighting kit, your quick detatch windshield may no longer fit.&nbsp\\; They sell shields for bikes with and without aux lighting.&nbsp\\; I paid for the relocation of the bullet turn signals.&nbsp\\; The kit includes buying new bullets, since the stems are different for aux light mounting than for handlebar mounted.&nbsp\\; Just so you know what is involved, just sayin.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up, although I don't have my windshield on all the time but I would like to keep it though. What's the difference on the windshield? Your windshield looks just like mine.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:02 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

ORIGINAL: soulfish
No sealed beam bulbs since 2003.
&nbsp\\;
The HD description on their web site indicates that they are indeed sealed beams:
&nbsp\\;
Designed to complement the Smooth Headlamp with Reflector Optics found on '05-later Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, these Clear Lens Auxiliary Lamps feature a Vertical Optics reflector and a plug-in replaceable bulb. Sold in pairs. Does not meet ECE regulations. These sealed beam bulbs are a direct replacement for Original Equipment or accessory Auxiliary Lighting Kits.
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: soulfish
If you add the auxilliary lighting kit, your quick detatch windshield may no longer fit.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; They sell shields for bikes with and without aux lighting.
May being the operative word... this is a direct conflict with the first reply regarding fitment and why I'm trying to find the installation guide before making an online purchase... I remember when I first researched there was a question whether the windshield would work with the auxiliary lighting, and at that time I decided to forego them because I couldn't find a definitive answer. I guess I'll have to try to get by the stealer and see what they say. I'd suggest you do the same, 128auto, just to be sure.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks for the input.
&nbsp\\;
Roger
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 10:26 AM
eagle56
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the alternator man enough to have the lights on all the time
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-28-2008, 09:21 PM
soulfish
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sealed beam headlamps are no longer used.&nbsp\\; replaceable bulbs are sealed, of course, with the bulbs being replaceable without changinging the light assembly.
&nbsp\\;
I don't know the difference in windshields for bikes with aux lighting.&nbsp\\; I just know they are sold for each application.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 AM
ski917
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok im confused big time. I'm going to buy the kit / like the one's on Heritage pakcake stle turning signals. My question is do the turn signals come with the kit or not? I'f they don;t then how do you purchase them?

Old 12-23-2009, 09:22 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

The quick detach shield brackets on the shield are diff for the aux kit - they are wider. Go look at how a Heritage shiled mounts. You can make it work though. For the top mount you have to mount the grommets like normal, against the forks, and then use a spacer between it and the brackets. For the bottom mount, you do nothing. The shield bracket will slide right onto the lower bracket mount - the bottom grommet will not work. I wrapped the bottom of the shield bracket with tape so it would not scratch anything. If you try to mount the non-aux shield with all the hardware on the outside of the bracket it will need to be bent and will not stay on or fit right. Or, you can replace the shield brackets but they are ~$70 for each side...

Last edited by KumaRide; 12-23-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

If you want brighter bulbs in your aux. lights you could get them at an auto store. I got mine at NAPA. 27w comes in the Deluxe, you can get 38w and 50w.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM
aqua754
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I think you need to have the Nostalgic shield. Check first as I am not 100% sure.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:02 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

Funny - I just ran across this thread in a Google search and it brings back memories. I was looking into doing the auxiliary lighting back in 2008, and finally pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago. Funny how I still can't find a smoked lens option (lens, reflector,bulb) - only the sealed beam lamps. I bought a pair off eBay from a dealer doing online sales, and one of them had a rattle when I opened the package and didn't light. Waiting to hear about getting a replacement.

Regardless, I got everything installed easily enough, my removable windshields still work, and the appearance is exactly as I had hoped. Only took nearly 2 1/2 years to get there!

Only other mod on the radar is replacement wheels, and those will probably have to wait a while.

Roger

Quick Reply: Fatboy auxiliary lights