Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable pushrod issue!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:13 AM
srm148
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable pushrod issue!!

Well, another round of **** luck!&nbsp\\; I took my Train in to get a new rear tire at a local Harley dealership, well, after waiting ALL day, they took the bike for a test ride, and on the way back they said the bike died.&nbsp\\;Said they were trying to figure out why...An hour later, they said that a pushrod had loosened and that caused the bike to die. hmmmm...anybody heard of this???&nbsp\\; Well, they put it all back together...2 hours of labor later!&nbsp\\; They keep it over night as they were going to Dyno it. I pick it up the next day, and when I get home, oil all over the place..me, the bike, my seat, everywhere!! I look down,&nbsp\\; and one of my pushrod tubes if crooked!!! Oil just running out..So, what the heck happened...why didnt it leak when they dyno'd it???&nbsp\\; Or did it and they just cleaned it up and delivered it to me!! Probably not, I just dont understand...Anyway, they are picking it up from my house today, and fixing it, and hopefully, redelivering it back to me...Any thoughts on the pushrods??&nbsp\\; btw, this is the second time, second harley dealership I have had crap luck with...independants for me from now on!!

Old 07-17-2008, 04:47 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts
Default RE: Adjustable pushrod issue!!

I'd guess the guy who test rode the bike was red-lining it as soon as he was out of your sight. He dogged it out so hard he damaged a rod. I've never seen a Harley dealership mechanic abuse a customer's bike but I've seen other mechanics dog the crap out of bikes with wheelies and such when they were out of sight of their shop. I figured they were bored.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speak to the boss man over there.

That's total crap.&nbsp\\; Good luck Man!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:17 AM
srm148
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

harley called and said they would be at the house at 1130. Called at 1100 and said not till 3 now. I called the GM of the store, and lo and behold, they were there at 1120!!!&nbsp\\; They were then EXTREMELY nice to me...But, there excuse was..."From the pushrod tubes being taken off, they were marred inside and that caused the leak"...DO they think I'm stupid?&nbsp\\; The tube was leaning over touching the other tube!&nbsp\\; Oh well, they fixed it, returned the bike the same day, spitpolished (probably literally), full of gas. I am happy I have the bike back!!