Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy forward contols

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM
JLO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy forward contols

New to forum ,Thinking about putting forward controls on my 2000 Fatboy ,anyone have suggestions Thanks

Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 AM
exodor1
Cruiser

Welcome. Just wanted to say that I thought about it too for my 08. But i kinda like the footboards, so now I'm thinking of the floorboard extensions, where they just move 'em forward a little for taller dudes. Check it out. But forward controls do look badass.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Forward controlls look great, but the floorboards are more comfortable, and they still look good.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to extend your floorboards forward take a look here

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ease-read.html

If you want to spend some more money to get even more room take a look here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...d-of-long.html

Old 12-18-2008, 04:53 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Also wanted to do forward controls on my 04 fatboy for a long time, but seem to get talked out of it every time. I think they look awesome on these bikes, but every one says you will regret it. Its always , the dreaded comfort issue that arises. Ive done the floorboard extension kit, from harley goodies already. That was a nice change, got my feet spread out wider. Now, i just purchaced factory harley extended floorboards that push them forward another 2 inches. Still havent tried these out as my bike is in hibernation till spring. But i am excited to try them, also chopped about an inch and a half off my brake pedal. Now i can lay my boot on the board with out any interference issues from pedal. You really dont need all that foot pedal surface anyway. Im only out $200.00 at this point, which is a lot cheaper than a set of forward controls. Check some of the prices out, for a set of quality controls. You will see what im talking about. good luck

Last edited by hpfatboy; 12-23-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:59 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i took the floorboards off my '09 Deluxe and put the forward controls on...and speaking for myself love the riding with them alot better than the floorboards

Old 12-18-2008, 06:05 PM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomhummer
i took the floorboards off my '09 Deluxe and put the forward controls on...and speaking for myself love the riding with them alot better than the floorboards

X2.

Just did the same and couldn't be any happier. As a matter of fact I sold the stock floorboard set-up to another member here for peanuts. I couldn't see them collecting dust. The only thing I am going to do on my forwards is to swap out the billet pegs for ones with vibration rubbers in them. Obviously it does vibrate a bit more, but the comfort is awesome!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Another big issue guys was the stock fatboy front fender, at the bottom theres that little curl. This from what i under stand is the real problem. You see at 6ft 1 i need at least a 3 inch forward control, or not really worth doing for me. I wanted my legs to stretch right out, and cannot achieve this with stock forward controls. They say i.e. accutronix that there will be clearence issues with your front fender at cornering. With fender hitting your boots. Really dont want to start changing fender just to accomadate controls, so have used these other alternatives to try and stretch out my legs. Had forward controls on my hardtail chopper and loved them to. Still havent given up, maybe someday.

Last edited by hpfatboy; 12-18-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
brianp25
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

swaped mine out for forwards and lovin em! just ordered some accutronix forwards, so got a stock set from an 07 for sale

Old 12-18-2008, 09:08 PM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Yea, I forgot about some having clearance issue's. Fortunately for me I don't have those issue's with the frame being raked and running most of the time w/o a fender, but I did cut over 4 inches off of my stock fender and the bottom too for when it goes on....

Quick Reply: Fatboy forward contols