Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance Hines RSD Tracker pipe ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:23 AM
kylant
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance Hines RSD Tracker pipe ??

Guys,

have any of you running the RSD tracker pipe been able to use the rear passenger foot peg? I know it has to be removed, but has anybody modified the bracket to work?

I saw a V&H ad in American Iron, March edition, that has a Fatboy with the RSD pipe. They have the passenger foot peg in place. it looks like the bracket is different.

I called V&H and they said there is not a different bracket available. they did acknowledge the pic and bike did have the passenger foot pegs in place, but they could not tell me how they did it.

anyone have ideas?

Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by kylant
Guys,

have any of you running the RSD tracker pipe been able to use the rear passenger foot peg? I know it has to be removed, but has anybody modified the bracket to work?

I saw a V&H ad in American Iron, March edition, that has a Fatboy with the RSD pipe. They have the passenger foot peg in place. it looks like the bracket is different.

I called V&H and they said there is not a different bracket available. they did acknowledge the pic and bike did have the passenger foot pegs in place, but they could not tell me how they did it.

anyone have ideas?
The guy on the phone probably didn't know!

I've wondered the same thing. What I've been told is the bikes are *models*. They use the same bike, and just switch pipes for pictures. The pegs may be there, but not usable.

How true this is, I don't know.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:35 AM
kylant
Road Captain

anyone else?

Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 AM
wiseguy2day
Road Master

I was told by an employee of Roland Sands last year that they were working on a bracket to relocate the passenger peg. Call Roland Sands Design directly so you're not talking to someone that's allegedly knows everything in their 2000 page catalog.
Another option is to get the passenger pegs that mount to your fender struts. I guess it really depends how much you ride with a passenger

Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
kylant
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wiseguy2day
I was told by an employee of Roland Sands last year that they were working on a bracket to relocate the passenger peg. Call Roland Sands Design directly so you're not talking to someone that's allegedly knows everything in their 2000 page catalog.

i just searched Rolands website and downloaded their online catalog. there are several bikes with the tracker pipe on them. they all use a different bracket than what V&H sells. their bracket makes it look like the passenger foot peg mount is visible. this is the same bracket that the pic of the fatty in American Iron is using. that pic shows the passenger peg mounted.

i wonder if this is the "new" bracket.

I will call Roland tomorrow

Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
kylant
Road Captain

got the answer:

new passenger peg relocation kit available, it raises the rear pegs approx 4"

part number #1620-0521 from Drag Specialties