Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softails with hard bags?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 PM
BAGGED_STANDARD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default softails with hard bags?

hey all im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone here has installed a set of hard bags off a touring model on a softail? i just got a hold of some bags and brackets from sumax, was wondering if anyone had any ideas for fillers between fender and bag. i also am running a smoothed fatboy fender and need help on lighting. thanks

Old 02-09-2009, 11:37 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a few members that have hard bags on their softails...I'm sure someone will chime in.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:38 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Bagger Tails
is the company, in my openion the only way to do it. I have eying this system for may fatboy and will soon byte the bullit

Old 02-10-2009, 02:40 AM
flst06
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are pictures of my bike (the blue 06 FLST) posted on armchaircycles.com. I used the cycle visions kit and got the color matched hard bags off of eBay. You do need to make sure your exhaust runs below the rear axle or exits in front of the bags. I'm running a Samson Caliber 2 into 1.

For my application the hardware for the removable sissy bar works with the cycle visions kit.

Someting else to watch out for is the seat. The stock Heritage Classic seat that I was running was too wide and interfered with the bags, but swithcing back to the stock FLST seat solved that problem.

Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome. The bags come off in seconds and the entire mounting kit is easily removed in about 20 minutes or so.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:33 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by flst06
There are pictures of my bike (the blue 06 FLST) posted on armchaircycles.com. I used the cycle visions kit and got the color matched hard bags off of eBay. You do need to make sure your exhaust runs below the rear axle or exits in front of the bags. I'm running a Samson Caliber 2 into 1.

For my application the hardware for the removable sissy bar works with the cycle visions kit.

Someting else to watch out for is the seat. The stock Heritage Classic seat that I was running was too wide and interfered with the bags, but swithcing back to the stock FLST seat solved that problem.

Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome. The bags come off in seconds and the entire mounting kit is easily removed in about 20 minutes or so.

looks like the system I was looking at re badges the cycle vision stuff....
do you have any more pictures of that bike?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 AM
flst06
Cruiser

I do, but not at work. I'll post more tonight.

On second thought, I may have posted them here previously...I may be able to point you to an old post.

Don

Old 02-10-2009, 07:13 AM
flst06
Cruiser

Found some pics in an old email; I never have much luck posting pictures here but I'll give it a shot

Don

Attached Thumbnails softails with hard bags?-back.jpg   softails with hard bags?-back-seat.jpg   softails with hard bags?-dsc00415.jpg  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

that looks awsome....I am trolling ebay for a set of bags now. I am thinking maybe I will paint my tins aswell

Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 PM
BAGGED_STANDARD
Advanced

thanks guys.

i should have stated that i already bought a set of brackets from sumax. they ran me 300- i checked my local harley dealer and got a set of used bags for 350. i have some pics to post up now since i got my fender back from the body shop. i need advice on a rear light and turn signals. i smoothed the fender and want something very clean.

please tell me what you think of the bike so far. i want all comments i want to go kinda old school with a twist. thanks

Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's mine I just got finished installing for traveling season... need
to get them painted now...

Attached Thumbnails softails with hard bags?-small_img_0981.jpg   softails with hard bags?-small_img_0987.jpg   softails with hard bags?-small_img_0977.jpg  

Quick Reply: softails with hard bags?