Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone add a pullback riser on a Fatboy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Blues Rocker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone add a pullback riser on a Fatboy?

I'm 5'-8" and have a long torso for my size, but shorter arms. I'm considering putting a pullback riser (part no. 56269-09) on my Fat Boy just to keep from stretching so far forward in my riding position. Has anyone added one to their bike? Any comments? Did it help?

I should add that I love my Fat Boy even though it doesn't fit me ideally, but thought this might be a good way to help get my riding position (and more specifically, my spine) in a more verticle position.

(Not expecting many posts, but if you've had experience with the riser, it would be helpful to hear from the front lines!)

Old 03-07-2009, 05:17 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

I had the dealer put those risers on my Fat Boy before I came to take it home because I was concern about my reach. I only had it for a few month and eventually changed the handlebars and removed the risers. They may be OK for you, your taller then I am. For me they weren't working, I was still reaching and the caused my back to hurt. Another reason I removed them was because they didn't go with my nacelle headlight cover. I discovered that I got more pullback from my new handlebars. Keep in mind it's not only the pullback but also the position of your arms that my a ride comfortable. Take a look at the Wild 1 Chubby 508. I hoped that helped.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:16 AM
chidiver
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Blues Rocker
I'm 5'-8" and have a long torso for my size, but shorter arms. I'm considering putting a pullback riser (part no. 56269-09) on my Fat Boy just to keep from stretching so far forward in my riding position. Has anyone added one to their bike? Any comments? Did it help?

I should add that I love my Fat Boy even though it doesn't fit me ideally, but thought this might be a good way to help get my riding position (and more specifically, my spine) in a more verticle position.

(Not expecting many posts, but if you've had experience with the riser, it would be helpful to hear from the front lines!)
First of all thank you for posting that part number. A lot of us have been looking for 1.25"(in the clamp area) risers that give us about 2" more rise and 2" more pullback over stock.

I just went out to the garage and measured my 08 Fatboy and it looks to be 2.5" rise and about 1" approx of pullback. Hopefully I measured correctly. Went from the base of the riser to the clamp area and eyeballed the pullback.

The Harley web site lists that as being a 4" curved riser for 1.25" bars @ $149 msrp. Dealer opens in a couple of hours so those risers are going to get checked out. Hopefully they will have them in stock.

Now, I'm about 5"9" and I have similar problems with reach. Just need the bars a little closer to me. New bars may ultimately be put on, but new risers are a little easier to start with for me.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:40 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you are kinda a funny looking knuckle dragger. just kidding, do you need to change the cables? I would not spend $150 on risers. I would replace the bars. I have about the same build as you longer torso shorter legs. on my 06 I went to mini beachbars to correct my riding position, for less than $200.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:48 AM
theos02
Advanced

I'm 5' 10" and also wanted to lean back some. I followed a previus post about 4 1/2 pullback riser from J P cycles. I had them installed and was able to use existing cables. Gave me what I wanted.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=5000370