Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding kickstand solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Need help finding kickstand solution

I've lowered the Deluxe, and now it's standing a little too upright for my comfort. It isn't horribly straight, but I'd rest easier with a little more lean to it.

It already comes with the shorter stand, and I haven't found anyone that makes a 2" under one. I've found wedges, which I wouldn't be opposed too, but the ones I have found are for the older style kickstands. Worst comes to worst I can always get one fabbed at work, but would prefer to just buy one if it's available.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 AM
5speedblu
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cut mine & re-welded it in my 86, it still holds fine.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:20 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 5speedblu
Pretty much what the dealer told me; cut and weld, or heat and bend.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just make sure that your bars are turned to the right and you'll be fine. When I got my air ride the guy told to make sure the bars were turned right. First cleaning I was giving it I turned the bras to the left with it dropped (4") and it started to go. I grabbhed the bars and used super human adrenaline to keep it upright. Now the bars don't go left unless it's not dropped. I realize yours is not easily adjustable like an air ride. You could look for a rear mount kick stand that is shorter. They are around on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROM...Q5fAccessories

Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

arlen ness sells a kickstand for softails that have been lowered

Old 03-29-2009, 09:55 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tomhummer
arlen ness sells a kickstand for softails that have been lowered
The only Ness stand I've seen is 1" under stock, which is what the Deluxe already has.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:06 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

When I lowered my rocker at the end of last summer...i ordered one from them and they told me it was on back order til january...january came and i called about it and they told me it wouldn't be til march when they would be able to get them to the public because of some production problem...called last week and they would have them ready to go on the 27th...they said it was going to be more of a universal stand to be able to fit more bikes then the ones they now had...call them monday maybe this one will be the right one for you...as i said i've been waitng since the end of summer for mine

Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by anubisss
Just make sure that your bars are turned to the right and you'll be fine. When I got my air ride the guy told to make sure the bars were turned right. First cleaning I was giving it I turned the bras to the left with it dropped (4") and it started to go. I grabbhed the bars and used super human adrenaline to keep it upright. Now the bars don't go left unless it's not dropped. I realize yours is not easily adjustable like an air ride. You could look for a rear mount kick stand that is shorter. They are around on ebay.

I know what you're saying. Even with my bars straight the bike is almost standing straight up. A little more on the left and it's starting to go over.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 AM
BK Meyers
Cruiser
Unhappy kickstand

Originally Posted by anubisss

That's interesting. I've got my Heritage lowered 1.5"-2.0" front and rear and am using the stock kickstand. If I turn the bars to the right the bike stands up straight and is very susceptible to falling over to the right (don't ask me how I know, I just know). I have to keep my bars turned to the left or at most dead straight when parked.

I've been wondering if the kickstand wedges on the market will help. Looks like I may be trying one as well.

Later,
BK

Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Sgt Mac
Road Master

Originally Posted by 5speedblu
Done the same on every sport bike I've ever owned. I'm short so I had to lower them all and this was the best solution I found. Just make sure it won't interfere with anything when it's up.

Quick Reply: Need help finding kickstand solution