Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deuce needs more light?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 02:04 PM
06DEUCE
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default deuce needs more light?

any idea's on good looking extra lights for a deuce? oh yeah the engine guard is out of the question. so i can't put some there. and really don't like the bulky light bars like the heritage has... i'm looking for something small and billet like my turn signals...

thanks

Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 PM
classiceddie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: deuce needs more light?

Well, I am kind of partial to the bulky heritage lights. But you may be right, they probably wouldn't look right on your style bike.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:25 PM
06DEUCE
Road Captain

i could just let you lead the way. with all your extra light!

Old 05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony,

I have been shopping this issue for a while - I have a Headwinds H/L and they make some nice looking 2" bullet style driving lights that I think I am going to add - check out this link.

http://headwinds.com/images/1-2800.jpg

Old 05-02-2006, 06:48 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

If you guys are just looking for better lighting and not the look of more lights you should consider the Xenon replacement bulb HD offers ( part# 67074-02 , $19.95 ) . My riding buddies have light bars with ALL the lights or Ultras , night riding side by side and they have their high beams on my low beam puts out almost as much light . When I put on my highs it like daylight , no comparison to all their lights , plus my light is a flood light , where as you can see a distint outline of my buds headlights on the pavement . Only problem is I'm not allowed to ride behind anyone if my highs are on so I'm usually leading the way - thats where a Deuce belongs anyway , at the head of the pack ! Have heard of heat issues and short life with some accessory bulbs , I've had mine 2 years and all is well .

Dan

Old 05-02-2006, 07:07 PM
RCVBYFR
2nd Gear

I HAVE FOUND THAT IF YOU RIDE WITH A GROUP OF FELLOW RIDERS THAT HAVE THE "CLASSIC" 3 BAR LIGHT SYSTEM YOU CAN SEE MUCH BETTER....THE ONLY BAD PART IS YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW INSTEAD OF LEADING THE WAY.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:42 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior

My brother in law bought a aftermarket headlight with a halogen bulb and its amazing the difference. He wanted the longer headlight look.

Harley sells the headlight case but you have to use the same insides and that just isnt the same. Even with the halogen bulb in a harley headlight it is not spread out on the road as good. The pattern with a aftermarket bulb is so much better.

Let me know if you want the brand and ill call him and let you know.

David

Old 05-03-2006, 07:55 AM
06DEUCE
Road Captain

VOODOO, that is what im looking for. i think i could mount them on the forks like turn signals. i also found a light similiar to that made by LAZER STAR. check them out as well..

Old 05-03-2006, 11:33 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

Thanks Tony will do. Do you have a link?

Old 05-03-2006, 01:14 PM
krenshaw
Advanced

Another option is an actual HID headlamp kit (as opposed to the Xenon gas filled halogen bulb that HD sells). I know Kuryakyn makes a kit and I'm pretty sure there are a couple other companies out there that make a kit too. You can see the Kuryakyn kit HERE

I know that HD is coming out with a kit also, but I think it only currently fits the touring models. I'm sure when they do come out with another kit, they'll be sure to add the words "Fits all Softail models except FXSTD/I"

I have an HID system in my car and the difference is really night and day (no pun intended!).

Quick Reply: deuce needs more light?