Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
MJR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker

My son is a new rider. He is looking at a Rocker, he is 6' 5". Would this be a good starter bike for him?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6'1" and had to put the 3" forward control extension kit on mine to stretch my legs out more...have him take one for a test drive and see how the bike fits him...I love mine...but love it alot more now after I did several mods to it over this past winter

Old 04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

6' 5" is a hard fit for any Harley, he's probably going to have to modify just about anything he gets, so he might as well get the bike that appeals to him and his budget the most. The Rocker is a fun bike to ride, very easy to handle, so I would have to say yes, it would be a good starter bike.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

Definitely have him ride it first, but I agree with the others....With some extended forward controls it'd be great for him. I definitely like mine!

Old 05-29-2009, 11:22 PM
BuckeyeBiker
Cruiser

Where are the best (value for the money) forward controls to buy? I would prefer to take my bike (Rocker) to the dealer with the parts and have them install... probably months from that but still want to plan appropriately.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 PM
D.Wiggs
Tourer

I have the rocker (as my first Harley) and I'm 6'4" and change. I love it. I may end up doing some forward controls but doing the Heartland conversion was the equivalent of a 3" forward extension AND it did more for the look!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Trailer
Cruiser

A rocker with Ext foot Controls would fit him perty good, and harley dealer does have a set up, i just cked today for myself, Arlen ness also has a 3+bracket kit set (199.00) retail that being said its not a sport bike, nor is it a heritage bagger type, twisties, corners just basic turning is not as crisp, but for cruising wide long roads its awesome. I highly reccomend this bike.. but im prejudice I own one lol

Old 05-30-2009, 08:09 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be a great bike for him, and I'm sure 3inch extensions will make it even more comfortable. I'm 6'3 and have racked over 10,000 miles without the extensions, no problem. When the money's there, that's my next mod.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:38 AM
BuckeyeBiker
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jason628
Greetings,

Definitely have him ride it first, but I agree with the others....With some extended forward controls it'd be great for him. I definitely like mine!

Hey Jason,

Your forward controls aren't in that picture, are they? And where did you get yours? Thank you in advance.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJR
My son is a new rider. He is looking at a Rocker, he is 6' 5". Would this be a good starter bike for him?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, you are a good dad! My starter bike was a 1970 Shovelhead that my Stepdad gave me after he picked up a EVO in 87. I would start kick starting it at the garage and I hoped that it would be started by the time I reached the road. Otherwise I pushed it back up our inclined driveway and started over again. This was in 1989 and I cursed it every morning. I would give anything have that bike back again!!!!

Good luck and I am sure he will love anything he gets.

Quick Reply: Rocker