Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riser installation instructions - Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Buellrunner
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Riser installation instructions - Heritage

Im thinking of grabbing a set of the Scootworks Phatrisers 2 up 2 back for my Heritage to get the bars a couple inches closer to my hands for long distance highway comfort...

Has anyone here installed risers on their heritage themselves? Anyone have instructions? I havent taken my harley apart yet and dont want to break, or screw anything up....

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:49 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very easy. you don't disconnect any hand controls or cables. MAKE SURE YOU COVER YOUR TANK with a blanket or something to protect it. remove handlebar clamp bolts and clamp. Lay handlebars on tank that's covered with a blanket. From underneath slip a "i think 3/4" socket wrench and loosen one of the bolts that go into the riser. With one hand on the bolt, hold it up through the trees and with your other hand turn the riser counter clock wise to remove the riser. Continue holding the bolt and grab new riser and spin it on the bolt then tighten with socket wrench. Repeat on other side then reattach your handlebars. The reason to not take the bolt out is because there are washers and a ground connection going through it and its just easier to keep it all connected. Hope this helps you out.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:57 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

also get a torque wrench or borrow one ,then go out and get a service manual
for the right spec to torque er down.this is a real easy job,only possible snag would be removing the headlite but thats easy to remove 1 bolt.
good luck

Old 06-06-2009, 05:54 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont need to remove the headlight by getting at the bolts from the rear of the forks.