Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 AM
jkeeton81
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heartland seats

Are the seats that come with the heartland kits comfortable?

Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think so..........way more back support

Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
crocketthd
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your talking about the "ride rack and rest" i was pretty disappointed when i got mine and it had a lick and stick pad. nothing wrong with it just kinda pricey and i kinda thought it would be on a bolt system

Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

got a pic of that lick n stick cuz my buddys isent.............his is bolted and flips up................please show a pic

Old 06-12-2009, 04:59 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer

I don't like the stock heartland at all. I'm 6'4 and ride as far back as I can which means most of me is on the smaller back part of the seat. It's not bad for just local riding but after an hour on the bike it gets very uncomfortable.
What I did find out here on the forum is that Danny Gray makes them. SO I called and ordered a custom from them.
My total cost is $800. with shipping/tax etc. The base price for a seat wold have been about 550. I added a stingray insert to the center and a gel pad adding to the total cost. It's a bit pricey, but for a custom seat I'd have to say it's not bad. I told them on the phone what I was looking for as far as comfort etc. They then sent me the seat after they carved out the new foam and added the gel but with out the cover so I could try it out and make any changes before they did the leather work. What I ended up with is a slightly wider version of what the stock seat is and had them take out some of the contour ( the bowl or 'V"area) where the seat sloped up the back fender. I rode around on the bike for about an hour/ 30 miles to get a feel for it, then I took a piece of foam I had from a pelican camera case and sat on that with the seat and found that that 2" egg crate style foam added just the right amount and taped it to the seat and sent it back and told them to add that much more back to the contour and shave off a bit more in the tailbone area. I won't be as low but more like I used to be with the stock set up was before the heartland kit. I hope to see the finished seat before the end of the month but still have the stock heartland one to use till then. I'll get pics posted when I get it all bolted on.