Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beep,Beep ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

I realize the two beeps don't sound manly, but I suspect HD is using a variation of an old sniper theory: If you only fire once, the enemy can't tell which direction the shot came from. If you fire twice, they can tell which direction the shot came from.

Two beeps probably result in a cager being able to figure out where you are faster instead of just wonder "is that a horn?". That being said, I won't be "upgrading" to the two beep horn.

Last edited by Shaved Ice; 08-01-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:30 PM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by austinharley
Well THAT was certainly helpful and informative...... NOT!
thanks

Old 08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
bluerocker
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the comments regarding the horns. My 09 rocker C horn sounds like the one on the CB100 Honda I had in 1972 when I was 9. HAve been searching for a beefier sounding one and may try the one from Napa.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:33 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They do sound like the Road Runner. I replaced mine with the Napa Horn 130 db and put and engraved (Sanjoy Motorcycle Engraving) HD Horseshoe Horn cover (69012-93A) over it. I believe Rail was the first one to do something similar, at least that is where I got the idea from.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:57 PM
bluerocker
6th Gear

Went with the Napa horn ($17.99) to replace my factory scooter horn on my rocker. Sounds just like the one I had on my road king custom. Bolts right into place but the rocker OEM cover will not work. Have a cover from a road king ordered to cover it up. More a horn style than the bell type OEM horn. Will post a pic when I get the cover on.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:10 AM
bbanks
Novice
Default ChromeFusion is a total rip off

Warning! Do not send ChromeFusion any of your money. ChromeFusion motorcycle hand engraved parts at www.chromefusion.com is a total rip off.
Today is September 22, 2009 and I ordered parts about 6 months ago from ChromeFusion and now all I want is my money back.
Here is the story,
We paid ChromeFusion $310.00 for a custom hand engraved derby cover and timer cover six months ago. These people are thieves, ChromeFusion told us, they hand engrave all of their motorcycle parts and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get these Harley Davidson motorcycle derby cover and timer cover completed. Joyce Steiner is the head thief we have been talking to and she sent us a couple of mark ups of what our parts will look like. We wanted something very simple, the Trucker Girl. The Trucker Girl has been around for about fifty years and just about everyone knows what she should look like. After a couple of emails back and forth we finally sent Joyce a picture of the Trucker Girl and told her we wanted it to look exactly like this. She agreed to it and took our money.
Well, after about 4 months of my wife talking to Joyce on the phone and through email, she told me that she wasn't getting anywhere with Joyce. Joyce kept telling her that the motorcycle parts were on the way or they were about to be mailed. Joyce even told my wife how beautiful the derby cover and timer cover were. Seriously 4 months of lies. I don't know how anyone in this company sleeps at night. That's about when we realized that they hadn't even started on those "Hand engraved motorcycle parts". That's also when I realized I needed to take over.
It's been about six months now, we finally received the Derby cover in the mail. The regular mail. It took another 8 days for the package to get to us, and believe it or not even after all that my wife went through with ChromeFusion she was still very excited waiting for her parts to show up. They did 8 days later. My wife opened the box and realized that one of the parts was missing. That's right, Joyce told us that she was mailing the derby cover and the timer cover and all we received was the derby cover.
This company, ChromeFusion has lead us on for 6 months telling us lie after lie. They finally send us one part in the mail, and believe me, the only reason they sent it to us, is because I was relentless in getting them motivated, only to find out that they had lied to us yet again.
Ok, now let's talk about the quality of work that ChromeFusion is putting out. Horrible work! Absolutely nothing like the picture we agreed on. Even if they were very prompt in completing the job and sent everything to you quickly, it still isn't worth the trouble, but the fact is at least in my case, you won't get anything for 6 months, maybe not at all.
Oh, and there are other complaints about ChromeFusion out there, I start a list here:
First and foremost is the Better Business Bureau Rating which is an "F", the worst possible rating a business can get.
Next is the Ebay Store I guess they were cheating so many people on Ebay they must have been forced to close.
here is where the Google link use to go. Chrome Fusion eBay Online Store - eBay - New & used electronics ...
Now, let's here it from the people:
http://lasvegas.citywaboo.com/busine...9118-2226.html
http://blogs.hotbikeweb.com/6565988/...ers/index.html
http://lasvegas.citywaboo.com/index.php
This company has two websites, ChromeFusion.com, ChromeFusionStore.com and I found out that they also sell under another name "Austin Steiner Horn Covers". The ChromeFusionStore.com must be where they just steal your money with out ever having to even talk to you.
At the bottom of their website it also says, "Presented by Sanjoy Motorcycle Engraving". I still don't know who Sanjoy is.
Do yourself a favor stay away from these people.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:18 AM
hogowner69
Road Master

WOW!! Thanks for the the heads-up and very sorry for your frustration!
I would take them to Small Claims Court....get some satisfaction!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:44 AM
bbanks
Novice

My main concern is making sure no one else goes through what my wife and I went through with this company. So I'm taking the time to post it everywhere I can.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:14 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bbanks
Warning! Do not send ChromeFusion any of your money. ChromeFusion motorcycle hand engraved parts at www.chromefusion.com is a total rip off.
I believe what you are saying and what you have found. I did not have the trouble you are having and received my part. Sorry this happened to you. You have done a good job researching this.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Nautilus
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

yea, stock horns are wimpy, I had to replace my 1995 horn because it was dying already, but compared to my dad's 2005 road king, my horn was a Mr. Olyimpian!!!!
now I bought a pair of air horns and they work great! scaring cagers when they're invading my lane

Attached Thumbnails Beep,Beep ???-dsc00195.jpg  

Quick Reply: Beep,Beep ???