Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:14 PM
FLSTC4ME
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shotgun

What's the going rate on Shotgun Shocks for softails now. Are they getting any cheaper?

Old 03-12-2010, 08:21 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Contact JD personally and ask him what he can do for you. He'll probably give you the best deal he can.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Contact JD personally and ask him what he can do for you. He'll probably give you the best deal he can.
I sopke to JD a couple days ago and he mentioned this. I can't remember the price he said though. There's been some stuff going on with the pricing but you can discuss that with JD. Give him a call and he''ll hook you up. My experience with him has been top self so far. I bought my unit off ebay and it is leaking down overnight. Talked to JD and he was super nice. He is sending out a new unit with all the current mods. I still have my unit and when the new one comes I'll swap them out. This way I can keep riding. I offered a credit card number for him to hold until I sent the unit I have back and he wouldn't t take it. I was bummed about it leaking and having to change it out but nothing is 100%. With service like that he has earned my respect.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:44 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
........+2......good call.

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
I sopke to JD a couple days ago and he mentioned this. I can't remember the price he said though. There's been some stuff going on with the pricing but you can discuss that with JD. Give him a call and he''ll hook you up. My experience with him has been top self so far. I bought my unit off ebay and it is leaking down overnight. Talked to JD and he was super nice. He is sending out a new unit with all the current mods. I still have my unit and when the new one comes I'll swap them out. This way I can keep riding. I offered a credit card number for him to hold until I sent the unit I have back and he wouldn't t take it. I was bummed about it leaking and having to change it out but nothing is 100%. With service like that he has earned my respect.
Please post what caused the problem...just curious.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 03-12-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
........+2......good call.

Please post what caused the problem...just curious.
We don't know yet. He's sending the new unit Monday and after the swap I'll send it back so he can pressure test it and see. I'm curious myself. It has a slow leak and will leak down over about a 10 hrs or so. We checked for leaks with soapy solution but with that small amount of air leaking over a long period nothing is showing. I asked about removing the plug for the check valve and the plug on the rear of the body but JD said he would feel better if I just sent it back and let him check it. Mine is the old style compressor and does not have the mod that allows you to drop the shock for oil changes so I'm stoked about getting the upgrades. He could have said send it back and we'll fix or replace under warranty. That's what most companies would do. Super nice guy!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
We don't know yet. He's sending the new unit Monday and after the swap I'll send it back so he can pressure test it and see. I'm curious myself. It has a slow leak and will leak down over about a 10 hrs or so. We checked for leaks with soapy solution but with that small amount of air leaking over a long period nothing is showing. I asked about removing the plug for the check valve and the plug on the rear of the body but JD said he would feel better if I just sent it back and let him check it. Mine is the old style compressor and does not have the mod that allows you to drop the shock for oil changes so I'm stoked about getting the upgrades. He could have said send it back and we'll fix or replace under warranty. That's what most companies would do. Super nice guy!
Yea that cool man...that new compressor looks heavy duty. I wonder how much faster it loads the shocks with air. Maybe you could post that as well? Since you will have had both styles...

I want a new style shock. Oh well its like buying a T.V. ...theres always something bigger and better the next year...

Old 03-12-2010, 09:31 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Yea that cool man...that new compressor looks heavy duty. I wonder how much faster it loads the shocks with air. Maybe you could post that as well? Since you will have had both styles...

I want a new style shock. Oh well its like buying a T.V. ...theres always something bigger and better the next year...
I asked him why he switched. He used two compressors due to mounting differences on certain models. Once those issues were worked out he chose the bigger faster compressor. I think he said it was 1-2 seconds faster overall but the only time you notice is if you bleed the whole system and have to pump it back up. Once it's pumped up and the compressed air lowers it to riding height it will pop up in about a second.