Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear mount kickstand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:32 PM
1sssickdeuce
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Wasabi
Yeah man, that's it. You have one bad *** looking Deuce. Thanks for the other pic and input. I'll be ordering one this week. That's good news about being easier to get to. Any downsides or issues with it to consider? I'm going with a vertical plate mount also but mine is a Kuryakyn swingarm mounted one so I should be good to go.

Thanks again.
I haven't had an issue with it. I can still shorten the kickstand a little more if need be. If i decide to lower my rear more i know i can still shorten it a little but the bike would be more in an upright position, but the weight of the bike is still on the kickstand. It also locks, but not like the oem design. Order it you won't be disappointed.....

Old 03-29-2010, 03:21 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts

Yup, I got the Ness from Dr. V-Twin. Looks awesome and set-up was a breeze. Drop him a line.

TedMan

Old 03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My rear stand is bolted to the frameyou need to drill and tap though... I needed something that would sit a little higher on the frame... You need to be more aware of how and where you park... I always leave it in gear when parked!

Unless a ladies holding it for you... lol

Old 03-29-2010, 05:35 PM
No Skool
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Milwalkie twins makes on the is half the price of the arlen ness. looks the same and everything. JP Cycles has it for like 100 and arlen is 200+. Just wanted to through that out there.

Attached Thumbnails Rear mount kickstand?-springer.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

I've got the short leg problem as well. In fact, when I got my bike I didn't even think about reaching the stand as I had the guy I bought it from deliver it over to C&C Seats. When I went back to check the fitting on the seat I couldn't believe how far up front the stock stand is. Long story short....I got the Ness. I ended up lowering my Heritage about 1" and it doesn't lean as much as I like but seems real solid and it does lock. Much easier to reach. In fact, I wasn't sure I was going to like it so I left the stock on. I haven't taken it off yet so for now I have 2 stands. Might come in handy someday.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
VTwinPulse
Cruiser

Not sure about the 07 Deuce, but I know the holes for the Ness telescopic were already there on the 09 Train. Just pull the plastic plugs, attach stand, insert bolts, loctite, adjust stand...done.

It works much better for me than the stock jiffy. Easy to get to, bike feels as stable as ever.

Last edited by VTwinPulse; 03-29-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:46 PM
2006Chopper
Stage II
Default Rear Mount Kickstand

I am new to this fourm and ran across the rear mount stands section. I have a 06 Night Train that I want to mount the kickstand on the rear and can't find a stand nor knowledge to do it. Can someone help? Thank you

Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 AM
fourhour
Tourer

Originally Posted by No Skool
Milwalkie twins makes on the is half the price of the arlen ness. looks the same and everything. JP Cycles has it for like 100 and arlen is 200+. Just wanted to through that out there.
Hey man, where did you get that seat and the pan under it?

Old 10-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Reino_79
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see this is an old thread and not even really interested in this but curious as so which was the stand folds.....

thinking it might be useful for another project I have, not on a bike.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:16 PM
fourhour
Tourer

Originally Posted by Reino_79
I see this is an old thread and not even really interested in this but curious as so which was the stand folds.....

thinking it might be useful for another project I have, not on a bike.
Duh! I didn't even pick up on the date!

Quick Reply: Rear mount kickstand?