Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Reccomendation

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:31 PM
bouknight84
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Reccomendation

Alrighty, so I am in the market for a new bike. Looking for some advice from fellow riders here to get their suggestions. I am about to head to Afghanistan and want to have one ready for when I return to head to Sturgis next year.

1) Really love the Rocker C. My wife won't let me get it thought because of the seat. Any way I can mod it for a ride that would be comfortable from New Mexico to South Dakota for her?

2) Like the look of the wide glide. Was told the thin front tire would eat me alive on a trip of any length.

I am not a fan of chrome. I don't mind if it serves as an accent, but overall- I really want a Black Denim bike. The Heritage is too bulky, and too much chrome for me.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks fellas

Old 08-30-2010, 06:33 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Black denim with very little chrome...Fat Boy Lo.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM
mickymoto
Tourer

I am biased, go the wide glide, very versatile & comfortable ride

Old 08-30-2010, 06:43 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Fat Boy Lo or Street Bob...or Crossbones with a changed seat. They're dark enough, as are some of the new Sportsters like the 48 and 1200 Lo. they're all too dark for me...I like the chrome.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:44 PM
bouknight84
Stage IV

Why the wide glide over the FB low? What are the biggest differences? I imagine I'll do one big ride every year. Other than that just daily rides.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from Sportster to Heritage to RoadKing the bikeless for a number of years due to assignments then wanted a Wide Glide so bad... But it just wasn't in the cards for me after test rides... Played around with a Fatboy for awhile but ended up back on the seat of a new Heritage...

If a Heritage isn't for you the I would go with the Fatboy low... Wide Glide has the looks and the ride for daily younger riders then myself... Fatboy low has it all..

Old 08-30-2010, 07:25 PM
FrozenInTime
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

If ya got time, go ride them, see which one you like. If you don't like the heritage, I would look at the fatboy, reg or lo, whichever, they ride nice. If you want to ride a softail. Nothing wrong with the other ones, but.... to each his own.

Thanks for serving!

Where u gonna be riding from in NM? Holloman or Cannon? I was at Holloman for 6 years and really miss the area, especially since I'm in Norf Dakoota (where u can freeze your **** off during the summer... LOL). We're thinking of movin back there in a few years.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:27 PM
bouknight84
Stage IV

I'll be riding down in White Sands area. Real excited to take advantage of the weather down there. The only thing I don't care for about the fat boy's are the rims. I really love the black denim on these bikes.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is only one comfy scooter to ride for that distance... Ultra... cruise control, GPS, XM radio, surround sound speakers, person to person communication, only way to ride long distance.... IMHO

Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Recon Dad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank You for your service.

I would go the Rocker C and change the seat and suspension for two up riding.

Get what you want or you will never be happy compromising.

Quick Reply: Bike Reccomendation