Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer front end conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 01:27 AM
tq745
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blastonerski
Oh really? How long ago was it? My dealer said they stopped making them since 2010...like WTF? They're really stupid over there!
i think what he meant is that they stopped making springer bikes...the last being the crossbones which is now discontinued. i've seen a deluxe with a FX springer front end which looked bad ***. the HS and SC front end is the same except that the HS is chrome and the SC is black, and from what i've seen the FL springer will cost your more then the FX springer.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:36 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your Pm's............I just might have what you are looking for.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:48 AM
blastonerski
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I asked if I can get each part from him and he said I have to go with Aftermarket brand cuz HD stopped making the parts..?

Originally Posted by tq745
i think what he meant is that they stopped making springer bikes...the last being the crossbones which is now discontinued. i've seen a deluxe with a FX springer front end which looked bad ***. the HS and SC front end is the same except that the HS is chrome and the SC is black, and from what i've seen the FL springer will cost your more then the FX springer.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Nah, you can still get the separate parts. Can't believe I wouldn't be able to buy a replacement part for my bike that is only 2 and a half years old.

It is just that there are lots of parts to the springer fork and it is a real skill putting it all together right. Takes a long time and you need some special tools. They probably worried you would ask them to put it all together.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM
blastonerski
Road Master

Thanks Rakthi....I wouldnt buy it brand new...not from HD unless someone can give me a discount! ha by the way, are those OEM fenders? If yes, how much did that fender set cost you including paint, etc.?

Originally Posted by Rakthi
Nah, you can still get the separate parts. Can't believe I wouldn't be able to buy a replacement part for my bike that is only 2 and a half years old.

It is just that there are lots of parts to the springer fork and it is a real skill putting it all together right. Takes a long time and you need some special tools. They probably worried you would ask them to put it all together.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,773 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by Rakthi
Nah, you can still get the separate parts. I
They probably worried you would ask them to put it all together.
Ain't that the truth Rakthi haha.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks Rakthi....I wouldnt buy it brand new...not from HD unless someone can give me a discount! ha by the way, are those OEM fenders? If yes, how much did that fender set cost you including paint, etc.?
Yup, those fenders are OEM
Rear is a 09 Fatboy and front is a 2007 Springer Heritage

Front one I got on ebay new in the box for $275, but cost me $350 to FedEx to Malaysia. Still cheaper than buying new here. New here would have set me back RM 2,980 ($1 = RM 3.1)

Rear fender I got from HD Malaysia for RM 1,299, would have cost similar to buy in US and ship here. (they have a huge import duty and luxury tax on motorcycles and parts here)

The painting in denim white including taking dent out of tank, prep etc. was RM 1,000 (RM 800 of that was for the paint and the denim clear ... they do work cheap in this country)

Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 PM
havenolife
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think there is a differnce between FX and a FL front end they use differnt tools to work on there is a Springer site is called HSOA forms its for Springer owners

Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 PM
blastonerski
Road Master

After months of searching....I finally bought a Springer front end (off a 2005 Softail Springer Classic). It came with the Springer, headlight, front axle, brake, risers and bars and HS/CS fender with boat light. All for $1,200...

Any suggestions or recommendations???

Old 07-16-2012, 06:00 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,878 Likes on 4,670 Posts

After months of searching....I finally bought a Springer front end (off a 2005 Softail Springer Classic). It came with the Springer, headlight, front axle, brake, risers and bars and HS/CS fender with boat light. All for $1,200...

Any suggestions or recommendations???

That's a great price! 2005 so it's all black right? Post pics when you get it.

Quick Reply: Springer front end conversion