Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Change kickstand after burly slammer install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 PM
509Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Change kickstand after burly slammer install?

Have a slammer kit on the way for my 06 deluxe, will I need a new kickstand also? Thanks

Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What are you going to change it to? The Deluxe already has the 1" lower kickstand.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:18 PM
509Rider
Road Master

Not sure, that's what I'm tryin to find out.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:30 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I lowered mine 2" front and rear. Swapped out the stock stand for a 1" under made by Outlaw. Great stand, nice and clean, no springs. The stock stand would have never worked, even with the shorter stand it doesnt have a wole lot of lean. Most aftermarket stands don't lock though, so always leave it in gear, and just be mindful when parking on an incline.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:09 PM
509Rider
Road Master

Originally Posted by jreichart
I lowered mine 2" front and rear. Swapped out the stock stand for a 1" under made by Outlaw. Great stand, nice and clean, no springs. The stock stand would have never worked, even with the shorter stand it doesnt have a wole lot of lean. Most aftermarket stands don't lock though, so always leave it in gear, and just be mindful when parking on an incline.
Ok cool thanks I will check them out, what was the cost?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jreichart
What did you lower? The '05 Train in you sig pic? If so, then it comes with a longer stand than the Deluxe. The Deluxe and Fat Boy Lo come with 1" shorter stands than other big twins. 1" lower aftermarket stands accomplish no more than going with the HD 1" lower stand that is stock on the Deluxe and Fat Boy Lo. Some people that own either the Deluxe or Fat Boy Lo have slightly bent their stock stands to allow more of a lean angle with their lowered bikes.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:41 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a link to the one I got

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OUTLAW-BLACK...r#ht_856wt_689

It will require a little grinding on stock forward controls. The lip on the bottom of the control bracket is in the way of the arm, just a little dremel work and it fits. I was having the mounts pc'd anyway since I cut off all the stock stand brackets.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:49 PM
509Rider
Road Master

Hmm, ya so I guess I already got the -1 on my bike. I can't find anything else so far. Do you know where they where bending the factory one at? Kinda scares me to do that.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 509Rider
Hmm, ya so I guess I already got the -1 on my bike. I can't find anything else so far. Do you know where they where bending the factory one at? Kinda scares me to do that.
I bent mine right at the first bend from the top (where it comes out of the mount). It's hell to bend even on a press without heating it but I didn't want to have to rechrome. I only got about 3/16" using a commercial press which was enough that I can leave her on the stand with the wheel locked right and not have to worry. Given it's already -1" it won't take much. Some older post somewhere on here said to bend it about 3 degrees.

You'd probably be fine with the stock stand, you'll just want to watch leaving it on the stand with the wheel straight or locked to the right. I wouldn't waste the money on an aftermarket one myself.

Wait until you install your slammer kit and see what you have. It will still definitely be able to stand safely with the wheel locked left.

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 04-28-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When I added my shotgun and lowered the front 2" I added the deluxe stand to my fatboy. It leans fine with the bike slammed. Even with the wheel straight. Turning the wheel to the right is a bit precarious but otherwise it's good.

Quick Reply: Change kickstand after burly slammer install?