1994 FLSTN - numbered? - Page 5 - Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.

1994 FLSTN - numbered?

P

Old 06-17-2017, 11:52 PM
One Of The Regulars

Great thread on the Moo-glide!!

Read through the whole thing.
I remember seeing them on the showroom floor.

Couple things,
I know there was talk about numbered bikes.
The reintroduction of the springer, "1988 springer softail" was a numbered bike as well. 1,450 and was on the dash but only 1,356 were actually made from what I've read.
Was a mid year bike.

I also looked on eBay out of curiosity to see if there were any moo-glides for sale and found one there. Guy wants 25,000 but it's in great shape with low mileage.
For the record, I have no affiliation with the person selling the bike.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272713116538
Old 07-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Default back to the basics

Hi guys,

I have been riding my VROD for several years, even a "Porsche" design engine and power to the back tire, there was something missing. It was not a HD for real

I decided to sell it and move into a SOftail and look for a nice EVO one. NOw I am moving with a 94 softail (Nostalgia or not ) and to be honest, after more than 30 years riding bikes, I have never felt the road as in this bike.

I enjoy riding every moring to work, is my 30 minutes of heaven.

Sound amazing, feeling of the engine, great look, reliable ... maybe a bit too wrong with brakes, in fact gonna change into new ones.

All coleagues in my chapter are just amaze with it, even those riding the Limited ones ... my mecanic keeps asking if I wanna sell it ....

I hope it will last another 24 years ...

here some pics.

M

Old 09-21-2017, 11:43 PM

Heberman,
Nice pic...a Spanish coastal sunset. Great to see a 94 Heritage Softail Special over there. It looks mostly stock as well (although I cannot see the pipe-side of the bike). If you have the original seat - even better. Still it looks great with what you have on it and the stock paint is the most important thing to have on these bikes. I understand exactly what you mean by saying it just feels right on the road...always love how the EVOs just leisurely rumble down the road.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:55 AM

After reading through this thread I thought to share my story of how I came by my FLSTN.Last year My daughter and son in law came over for grill & swill,she drove her car and he came later on his 06 road king. The son in law had many cocktails so he rode home with my daughter and left the bike saying "ride it". So my lady and I did, not getting it back to him for 2 months. Yeah I was hooked!!
One of the rides we drove by this bike with a for sale sign on it,love at first sight but I was in no position to buy a bike. Well decided I could take out a loan we went back and it wasn't there. Blew it I thought. Skip forward to this August, lady calls me up (she was out running errands) and tells me get your shoes on I have something to show you and **** I'm thinking whats wrong with your car now? She pulls up and I walk out barefooted thinking I don't needs shoes to listen to her new "noise" in her car. Wasn't a noise but she drove me over to where we saw the bike for sale and was still there!! Talked to the man about it and told I'd come back next week and take it for a scoot and see what happens.Long story short..he wanted $6500 originally,would let it go for $5200.I offered $4800 and rode it home.
Have the stock saddle bags and seat.It had the junk cam bearing in it and 37580 miles, caught it in time as the race was almost gone.Put the bearing, an andrews 27 cam, lifters,and push rods(non-adjustable). Runs great and put over 1000 miles on since. Yep..sweet bike!

Last edited by Danny61; 10-21-2017 at 11:57 AM.

P