Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back from ATLANTICADE, PEI, Canada - AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile Back from ATLANTICADE, PEI, Canada - AWESOME!

My brother and I just returned to taxachusetts from a 9 day trip up to the Atlanticade bike week in Prince Edward Island, Canada. The riding was fantastic!!! Dale Hicks and his crew who ran the event did a great job. The community did a great job welcoming bikers. 650 miles from Mass. each way plus 800 miles riding the area for a total of 2k miles. We are making our plans for next year as soon as the dates are set. HIGHLY recommended places to stay (make reservations early, we paid 80 bucks a nite early vs 200 a nite close to date...same place...). Half way up, Bucksport Motor Inn, Bucksport Maine - Clean as Mom's house, family owned, VERY bike friendly, bike wash station and NEW wash towels to keep, park in front of your door, great place to eat/drink right up the road...In PEI, at bike fest, we stayed at the Econolodge in Summerside (home of the bike fest). 80 bucks a nite in advance, which allows for up to 4 people in room. Great place, biker friendly, BREAKFAST INCLUDED, lounge open till 2am!!, swimming pool, park in front of your room!!!! We are going again next year for sure! We met some great Canadian brothers and sisters who ride plus folks from all over. One of the guys we met, took a spin over to the meet from ALASKA!!!!! Hot ticket! He was on a duel sport beamer...needed for the alaska roads. Let us know if anyone wants to tag along next year. Inexpensive and a great time!

Old 07-08-2012, 09:47 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like a blast. Long haul from Texas though, lol. Got any pics?

Old 07-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Dual Sport Harley

Sounds like a cool run. My Fatboy Lo is my dual sport for Alaska roads. Just went on the Dust to Dawson Rally and was surrounded by dual sport bikes. Talk about a minority. There was 165 miles of dirt and gravel roads and the Rally name was an apt discription. K&N looked like a oreo cookie in reverse. It was all good until I got a flat tire 20 miles out of Chicken. Got out my trusty tire repair kit and found my spark plug addapter was the wrong size for this new bike(bummer). My buddy headed for Chicken, Ak to look for an air tank and I stripped all the saddle bags and camping gear off and found the proper rocks for getting the rear wheel off the ground. Was saved by a BMW tour group from Australia. They had a chase truck with an air tank. Three of the guys were Rugby players and wanted to pick the bike up to spin tire. Had to show them the sidestand roll and had them slip the rocks under the bike. Only bad part was I got away with their can of fix-a-flat that I forgot about but did buy the chase truck driver a piece of pie and the leader a bowl of soup. There is still comrady amoungst bike riders.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior

I'll add some pictures asap.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Bullitt59
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, back at work today after Atlanticade & Rally in the St. Croix Valley, St. Stephen,NB.. Missed you at the hotel in Summerside & your mailbox on your phone was full. Funny thing is, we met in St. Stephen at the Rally & didn’t know it. There were 3 of us at the arena on Wednesday night & you exchanged cards with my brother-in-law, Charlie Daigle. I didn’t connect the name on the card until we got back to his place later on. Kinda weird, but nice to have met you.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior

We had a number of minor mistakes...starting with me thinking it was the travel lodge...it was the econolodge. My verizon phone would not work at all (not happy about that), which I did not know till I got there...my brothers att worked fine...That is bizarre that we met at St. Stephen. We had a great time in PEI but did not stay long enough...had to visit cousins in Shediac...they held us hostage several days...LOL. GREAT to meet you guys by mistake!!! I'm coming back for sure next year and we will do it up better next year. We had a blast. The econolodge was a great value if you book early. Only 80 bucks a nite. As soon as they schedule next years I'm going to lock down my room asap. Oh, looks like I need a couple nites in St. Stephan also...LOL. Don't tell my wife, but I'm thinking seriously of spending a month next year. I'm buying the first beer next year! Ride safe.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Bullitt59
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a plan, keep in touch.